partner in mad mood and i am wobbling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so my partner gets home in a foul mood from hell and much as i know his mood is his mood, i am really upset and although i dont have any wine in the house, he has pissed off to go grab a case of beer and after 14 days AF i dont want to drink because he is having a bad day.... so am just sitting here with MWO for a minute to gather my thoughts and remember why we are all on this site.

Cedar, don't let him drive you to drink!!!!

Be strong ............

Can you go out for a while out of his way???

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

not really - going to make like i have a deadline for tomorrow and sit at my computer - just need to get julia fed, bathed and bed... and then work... thats a lot more productive that arguing and drinking

Comment

Yes, please, don't let his foul mood become your remorseful mood. Get out for a while, take a walk, go have coffee with a friend, ANYTHING to avoid being tempted.

It's too bad that he can't use you as a resource and talk to you about what's making him feel bad instead of reaching for the beer. You'd probably make him feel a lot better. He's made his choice though, so you have to take care of yourself.

Good luck!

Oops, sorry, I missed your response. It sounds like you have a good plan. Keep it up!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Absolutely ........

Keep checking here and go into chat if you need too ......

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

every day will present us with a problem big and small we will be tempted to use old reliable A to deal with it .The biggest problem we have is A everything else comes in second
            Stay strong his mood will pass but you still have to deal with A
            Stay healthy
            Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
            AF 5-16-08

Comment

thanks everyone - what a special place this MWO is...and what a great thing technology is that enables us to be in contact at a drop of a hat... as luck would have it - the big grumpy one had to go back to work this evening...so there is calm in the house which makes the case of beer in the fridge less noticable. I have sweet tea in the one hand and green tea with lemon and ginger in the other so no hand free for beer. so going to get julia ready for bed now and sit back down here...
              BB thanks will head to chat in a bit, YAH i wishhe would sit and chat not come in raging at something irrelevant, caysea - i think emotional temptations are going to be my most challenging...and Dolphin..he is just that tonight a grumpy sod...
              and i am going to be a strong AF tea drinking one xxx

Comment

cedar - way to go for keeping your resolve. Sorry your hubby came home in an awful mood. That can be challenging when you are going AF. It's bad enough dealing with your own emotions at this time then have to deal with his.

I was never a tea drinker. I can't stand regular Orange Pekoe or Earl Grey teas. When I quit drinking I was heavily dependent on water and coffee. TOO MUCH COFFEE! I went from 3 cups a day to 7-8 cups a day.... ewe.

I have recently discovered Chai Tea. I drink it with a bit of milk and no sugar. It is apparently good for you as it is a black tea and has a sweet flavour. I like the green tea as well. I must try it with the lemon and ginger.

Anyway, glad things have mellowed out on the home front.

Comment

The other thing to remember is that we all can use AL as a threat - I did during an argument at work a couple of weeks ago. I was frustrated at someone who was just being difficult and I got stressed out ended up saying "I just want to go out get p*ssed now", in a rather loud voice!

AL never makes any situation better and I have to remind myself that every day.

Comment

Working...
                  X