Thinking it can never happen to you?
    That's what I thought too

The RATE OF AUTISM
    Twenty years ago: 1 In 10,000
    Five years ago: 1 in 500
    Today: 1 in 150
    Ten Years from Now:

Scared yet?

Please PM Happy Camper to find out more about the Autism Walk that she is doing.

I also have a son who has Autism and all the money raised for reseach is very important.
    Thank you.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Scared Yet-Autism

Beaches...so odd or not ...I was just thinking about Camper today and then you & your caring responses toward me. I will check in on Camper now for sure.

How are you? How was Seattle? How is your family?????

Autism epidemic...truly a cause for concern to all..for all of our children, now & in future. What is the root cause here?.. is it the vaccines, the shots, what do you think, what is this???
    "Everything you try to avoid about yourself
    will keep playing out insidiously in your life.
    This creates the perfect opportunity for you to embrace,
    love and heal this part of self."

Comment

Scared Yet-Autism

You hear so much about Autism these days...lets find out why this is happening to our children? :l

Food Related?
      Vaccinations?
      Water?
      Medications before Conception?
      Are they born with Autism?
      Is it Formula Related?
      Is it from Pre-Natal Supplements?
      Is it from the Hospital?
      Is it from Ultra-Sounds?

:l Just my thoughts...XXOO

Comment

Scared Yet-Autism

Hi Beaches

Autism awareness in this country is shameful to be honest with only a small amount of money coming from government resources for research. Cancer research is where most of the money goes unfortunately and about a fifth of that amount goes towards Autism. I became more aware of it through a good friend on another forum who is bringing up his 11 year old autistic son single handedly while keeping himself sober through AA. He is over 4 years sober and also has his sponsee living with him at present. I really admire him for what he is doing and has done, namely taking over the responsibility for his son due his ex wife's alcoholism. His son struggles with loud noises in built up areas and even the simple things like taking a bath.

I'm only receive social security benefits at present but I still make small donations each month to 2 charities but I would be happy to make a small donation or sponsor happy camper for her walk.

Thanks again for bringing this to everyones attention here. Maybe we could get everyone here to sponsor happy too. I had a friend who did a sponsored climb of Ben Nevis not so long back and he set up a web page, through which people could send donations via Paypal if they wished. AND YES that was for cancer research!!lol

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Scared Yet-Autism

Thanks for making us all aware of this Beaches ........

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
          X