My pathetic morning after the night before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up early and Tabu my cat kept me company as I glared at the TV desperately trying not to make a bloody mary just to equalize. Missed a photography session this morning, wreaking things as usual! My heads splitting and I know that I've got to sort out/get out of a destructive relationship, which combined with bloody booze is going to be the end of me. I've got to stop ignoring health issues and try again to be alcohol and cig free. Reading the treads here puts life SO INTO PROSPECTIVE. I haven't made a bloody mary and I'm going to try AGAIN.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Hang in there Elizabeth. You can do this!
    Marcie

Comment

Straight Up V8 ~ virgin style replaces all those cravings! YUM..take it slow Liz...and remember today is a brand new day! :l

Comment

Elizabeth,

Keep glaring at the tv if that is what it takes!!

I know so well the wreaking havoc on the body. It doesn't make sense but we do it.

I do know that having a plan, having a schedule of activities that preclude drinking helps. It is the drifting along without purpose that often leads me to relapse.

Today, pamper yourself, give your body and your mind a rest and stay sober.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Elizabeth, today is a new day. Once you get over the physical withdrawls, you'll feel better. I know how hard it is but we can do this. Take care of yourself today.
          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Take care of yourself today Elizabeth, and drink lots of water. Sending you a big hug.....

Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi Elizabeth

I remember you for your elegant posts some time ago. The poetic way you described the landscape and the people in your life and the way you recorded the passing of those you loved was very moving. I remember also that you had a difficult relationship with your birth mother but you still supported her when she was dying. You showed incredible compassion, in spite of her early rejection of you. At least that is how I remember it, forgive me if I have got the facts wrong. I do know you were caring and considerate to two mothers when they needed you most, something I found horrendously difficult when my own mother was dying.

Do not underestimate yourself. Do not settle for someone who is not worthy of you and who will inevitably prolong your problems. Ditch him. Get out there with your camera and start working towards your next exhibition. You are an artist. Continue to explore your creativity, put it to good use. Determine to talk yourself out of having that drink and that cigarette and start writing and recording your innermost thoughts instead. Keep those hands busy, with pen and camera! You are an intelligent woman. You can do this.
              Instead of drinking today, I'd love one of your posts about your surroundings, you know when you paint a picture, but with words.

thinking of you
              Anna:h
              IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
              Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Your words have so much meaning to me and are so artistly but.KEEP POSTING ,PLEASE!!!I look forward to reading your words.
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

((((LIZ))))

Everyone else has said what I would. Just hang in there hon. We are behind you.:l

Comment

Liz been thier, done that.....Time for change ! LOL ! IAD !
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

God IAD, where'd you get that picture of me???? HA HA
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

B....
                        Glad you liked it......Ha ! Ha! LOL ! IAD !
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi ELizabeth.. I am so sorry to hear you are feeling lousy. it is late here so I am hoping you made it through the day and are feeling better. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay in touch, OK?

Namaste,

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi Elizabeth, hope you're feeling better.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi Elizabeth,
                              I just know how you are feeling and it ain't pretty. Like somebody else said: take care of yourself and when the headache is gone, get back to the bush and all that really means so much to you.
                              I know that you are a tough cookie, you can do that.
                              Hugs,
                              Lori
                              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X