EasyWay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyWay

Has anyone here read the book "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking" by Allan Carr??

If so, any luck?? Any advice?? I just started it and my 5th instruction is to "not stop drinking or cut down until you finish reading the book"........................that sounds bad and "Enabling me to keep going", so sorta had me question it.

Any advice is appreciated!!:thanks:

Desparate!!

MA:l:h
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

EasyWay

I don't know about that book, but a couple of people I know have stopped smoking after doing his workshops. & I mean serious smokers! I suppose he uses the same methodology of de-mystifying the addiction?!?

Take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

EasyWay

already read more

It says in the next instructions only to read when sober and if I am sober by any count of days, stay that way, BUT any feedback to success or failures on the program would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

MA:thanks:
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

EasyWay

I read it awhile ago but was drunk at the time and barely remember what it said.I think that the very fact that someone would reach out enough to read a book on soberiety is a step in the right direction.Help can come from many different places.I say take what you can use and leave the rest alone.Blessings, EVIE
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

EasyWay

Cowgal -

There was a thread a while back regarding this book and, members opinions of it. It is in the 'What We're Reading' section on the main page.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ks-2-8006.html

There aren't any miracles out there for quitting drinking, smoking, or whatever it is someone wants to quit. There are plenty of tools but, the rest of the work will be up to the individual.

Like Evie said, take what you need and leave the rest. :l

Comment

EasyWay

I also think in regards to his book, that if you want to quit (or continue on with AF), keep going.

He says 'don't quit or cut down' until you have read it, but I wouldn't start drinking again because of that. What would be the purpose? It seems kind of silly, don't you think?

You are already one step ahead of the game.

Comment

Working...
            X