I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

As I have mentioned, Wednesdays are a bitch for me. I go to therapy where I hash out the crap of Hurricane Katrina, my abusive childhood and my fears etc.

What do I want to do when I leave therapy? Yes, I usually stop at the store before I get home and buy something to drink.

Yesterday was different. I didn't do it. Got a massage instead and that made me think a lot about how she was loosening up the toxins in my body so it could heal. I came home and relaxed a bit. At some point, I started those destructive thoughts - "maybe I'll have a drink and relax. I feel a little wired so one drink and a cig will take the edge off". I got busy instead. I swore I would not give into this beast. I organized my office, popped in my Seinfeld DVD and laughed a lot.

Went to sleep thanking God and the universe that I was sober. Sunday was the last day I drank but I am already thinking "oh oh- it's not really 4-5 days yet". I am going to live completely in the moment today and hope for the best.

Thank all of you for your support. I am feeling so much a part of this community and it helps a great deal.

:h
    __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

I did it!

What an accomplishment. Good job-keep it up.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I did it!

Congrats nowandzen (love that name!) for your resolve, and especially for your success on your "rough day." (Saturday is mine...so I know what ya mean!)

Keep choosing "no I won't drink or smoke." WE CAN DO THIS!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I did it!

Wonderful Job Nowandzen....keep thinking those good thoughts and remember what it feels like to go to bed sober and wake up knowing you didn't drink the day before.

Life throws us curve balls now and then, we just have to push through them and fight the beast off! People live through stress everyday without picking up a drink or cig...we just have to re-learn to be like them again!

You are doing awesome, keep it up!
        Hugs, Bambi
        "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

I did it!

Living and reliving Tramas can be so painful.I admire your courage!!!! keep up the good work.It only gets better , every day wiyhout the Beast AL in it.Keep posting,I look forward to reading them!!! EVIE
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I did it!

That is fantastic! Great feeling isn't it!!!!!!!
            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

I did it!

Great job .During other false starts I would change my route home so I would not have to pass the hangouts.I know how hard it is .You are on the way.Great finding a positive sub to replace A

Stay Healthy
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

I did it!

Yay, that's fantastic nowandzen. Well done, you're really doing this!

Wooflet x

Comment

I did it!

awesome job keep it up
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I did it!

A Sober LIFE is LIVING LIFE! Glad to hear you are well NOW! :H

Comment

Working...
                    X