Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 Days for Loopy Lugs, Wakeupmom, and Wooflet!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's all celebrate the wonderful accomplishment these members have worked so hard for!

Wonderworld started a great thread for newbies "Hello Sober Living". Well there are been several members that grouped themselves together and have really helped each other pull through with all their highs and lows and all the in between. They shared with each other just what they were going through and they could all relate because they were in the same boat together.

I'd like to share with you quotes from each of their first posts in "Hello Sober Living". I think it says a lot about their determination. I hope they inspire you as much as they help to inspire me.

Wooflet ~ The Plan
    My plan of attack - I've read the book, started on the CDs and Kudzu today, and a whole bunch of other supplements are on their way. I've decided to go without drugs for the moment, only because meds tend to react strangely with me and often have the opposite to the desired effect (weird, I know). I've alerted close friends who are going to help distract me at poison o'clock if I need it, I've come up with a bunch of rewards to treat myself for my successes, and I've lined up things to do (exercise, hobbies etc) to replace Al time. And of course I plan to spend a lot of time here on the boards.

Wakeupmom ~ The Acceptance
    I have accepted that for me i have to quit for ever and give up the romantic notion that i can have a drink and be "normal".More than anything though i want a life back, one of health, energy, inner peace, joy, to look forward and self respect.
    Loopy Lugs ~
    Taking Action/Working the Plan
    I have been AF now since 1 May and been having a tough time of it, but after reading all 20 pages of this thread in one go I have so much good advice!

I can really see where I have been making it hard for myself. Not remembering to take my sups, not having any avoidance plans for when the cravings hit. I have been exhausted the whole time so have been going to sleep instead of keeping busy.
    I've seen these ladies go through a lot in the past month, but they stuck to their convictions and made it through.

I am so ridiculously happy for you all!! Please be very proud of yourselves!! I wish you continued success for whatever your next steps or goals might be.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

AWESOME!
    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

What a lovely post !!!!!!!!!!!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO WOOFLET WAKUPMOM AND LOOPY LUG,
      WELL DONE 30DAYS AF :goodjob:[/SIZE]

:groupluv::grouptrophy::thumbs:

lOVE
      Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Beautiful Thread!! Way to go!!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thankyou so much Thankfull.You sweetie!So thoughtfull of you.Felt all emotional when i read it.It was so nice to do it as a team.
          A big hug from me xx

Thanks to everyone else,and good luck to all that follow.I think one day something just clicks.DON'T EVER GIVE UP!! xx

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!

:bananacomputer::goodjob: loopy lugs, wakeupmom, and wooflet! I can't believe it has been 30 days, i'm so excited for you. you guys are an inspiration. i started with you didn't complete the entire month just two weeks...but knowing that you did it no matter how hard it got, gives me new hope. :wd:roud: thank you for your words of encouragment. Thanks thankful for starting this thread.
            :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
            ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Ya'll should be sooooooo proud of yourselves...see, there is strength in numbers.!..keep it up and stay strong...Yipppeeeeee! HUGE HUGSSSSSS!! Buckle

Comment

GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!!!!!!Saying goodbye to May and Hello to JUNE. Another chance to have a AF month!!!
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thank you all, that has certainly set the water works going again.

It is so (having trouble finding the right word) pretty damn good being part of such a wonderfully supportive community.

Congrats to everyone on their AF days whether it is 1 or 1000 good for you.

Thankful, when I come out the other side of this I hope I am as kind, considerate and generally thoughtful a person as you are.

Take care
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
                  AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Well Done, everyone.

Beck
                    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

My Congrats to all....great job!!!
                      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for being an inspiration to us all xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I want to say thanks to Thankful for the wonderful recognition of these 3 fabulous success stories, Loppy, Wakeup and Wooflet. Also, thanks to WonderWorld for starting the Sober Living thread. It has been a really fun month of may getting to know everybody who contributed to that thread.

I feel somewhat sheepish though, as I was also aiming to have an AF May, and started at the same time as these three lovelies, but woe is me..... I did not succeed. Granted, I had more AF days than drinking days, but still - feeling a bit like a loser, and sometimes I get that old "giving up" feeling. But I am trying not to beat myself up, and if these 3 WINNERS can do it, damm it!! why can't I?!?!? I am going to give it another go, and June 1 is this sunday, so i will make another attempt! Can't see the doctor about the Topa for another couple weeks, so I am going to bite the bullet and go the the walkin clinic where she works, and talk to one of the other doctors there. I want to try it, and by taking the meds, I might (hopefully) be stronger.

By the way - I finally caved and bought a piece of cheesecake today, took it to my beau's work and shared it with him as an afternoon snack. Now that I have finally satisfied that need, I can go back to my strict eating plan!

Talk to you all again soon!
                          Peanut

Comment

:hijacked: Peanut, please don't be so hard on yourself. I have seen your struggles this past month as well. And like you said, you have more AF days than drinking days. You are not a loser!!! Another's success does not diminish your progress. Please give yourself a little more credit. Remember, that this is not a contest.

Yup, June starts a new month. Refocus and figure out what part of the plan does and does not work for you. Tweak the plan for your own needs. You will find your own way out. And we will be here cheering and supporting you every step of the way!!

Love, Me
                            :l
                            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Who is 'Loopy Lugs'? :H

Way to go you three! Congrats, congrats, and more congrats! Keep up the good work. Being AF is awesome, isn't it?!

A very nice thread, Thankful!

Comment

Working...
                              X