Calling Africa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Africa!

I know we are a tiny community here. I may bump this to catch eyes.

I am feeling a need to reunite myself with the heart of Africa????. The place that caught my passion and ?understanding?. I have lived a major part of my life here, years of development, socially and spiritually. I am in a flux! I love this continent, with the diversity of essences, of perspective and the complexity of pure existence.

I am struggling to rise above the xenophobia here at the moment. Sure, Africa in general has it?s moments of Crap???.and Rowanda will live in my heart until I die?Uganda too??..but truly?.

The essential soul of Africa is a never ending pulse????.

Please help to re-connect me ???

Thanks and take care
    Xxx

P.S. I am a Brit who has lived in SA for the last 10 years, but has lived all over since birth.
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Calling Africa!

Get out

Screw that whole continent
    Believe
    Bashley

Comment

Calling Africa!

jinja- do you know elizabeth who posts here? you would enjoy knowing her if you do not. PM her

Comment

Calling Africa!

Drunk Austonauts

Go there African Woman

Comment

Calling Africa!

War, famine, Aids, apartheid, racism, ......the list is endless as to what we have seen in the news over the years concerning a country that millions believe is where we originated from. I know there is a lot more to your country than what I get from news broadcasts and read about in Newsweek and other magazines and papers and I wish I had an opportunity to visit and see for myself what kind of a country it 'really' is first hand.

Anyway here's a funny clip for you to have a good laugh at:[ame= ]YouTube - Robert "bob" Magabe's Farm[/ame]
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Calling Africa!

Hippster times most interesting person of the year lol How did you do that . That is fantastic i love it
            Cap

Comment

Calling Africa!

I have seen people go out of their way to help, provide, donate and create safe places for all people being targeted in the recent disgusting acts of xenophobia ... I have seen a community come together as they do when there is trouble (similar to this site) ...

No one has solved the problem but I know the majority of the population wish they could ...

People judge - that?s what we do, people have answers - without true understanding of a situation, people react - often in terrible ways that cause unimaginable damage.

We group people into nation with borders and believe that they all have the same views (good and bad) as their governments. What do we call this ?

I can only know what is in my head for sure. I know my intentions are good, I hope my small actions make a tiny positive difference to someone.

I hope I never say to anyone "screw you cause you?re not perfect"... because I know I am far from that.

I love this country - this continent - this ONE world.

Comment

Calling Africa!

Bashley;335874 wrote: Go there African Woman
                Wha?????I am probably reading wrong,but this sounds awful......
                :lRebecca

Comment

Calling Africa!

Bashley;335854 wrote: Screw that whole continent
                  not quite sure how to take this either ?

Comment

Calling Africa!

Awww Bashley, why so cynical? Ha ha I crack me up sometimes! I?m not planning to save the world from itself today????..Just want to feel the love, man.

Thanks lucky, will talk to Elizabeth.

Cheers Hippy ? I can?t load up YouTube on my phone so will try to listen later! Ha! Love the Time!

Hey cedar ? you are right.

cedar;336113 wrote: I know my intentions are good, I hope my small actions make a tiny positive difference to someone.
                    I think I'm thinking too much, too frustrated & just tooooooo tired of looking the same shit it the face! I will focus on my direct influence for a while and see if that helps.

Thanks & take care
                    xxx

John Milton

Comment

Calling Africa!

Your words are so poetic , I think thru writing you are reconnecting.Write short stories about your feelings.I can see them being publish , that way many others can enjoy your words.LUCK TO YOU !!!!EVIE
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Calling Africa!

Jinja.
                        Who still tortures themselves with John Milton.
                        Did you happen to go to Public School closeby?
                        I box, do you play hockey?
                        Sometimes the two games work. Milton was a morose, alcoholic in times when alcoloholism was a general desease, like the Black Death..

Comment

Calling Africa!

Still is

Comment

Calling Africa!

When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an
                            unopened gift....Thrown away. ... Life is not a race.
                            Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Comment

Calling Africa!

Thank you Evielou for your kind words. This journey to sobriety leads us to new ways of expression, trying to articulate all that we hid from.

Take care
                              xxx

John Milton

Comment

Working...
                              X