Slip Back..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip Back..

Rippy, I have no advise about how to feel after a slip (and I pray to God that I never do), but I wanted you to know that I hope you are feeling better soon. All I can say is that the more AF you have the better you will feel. Good luck.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Slip Back..

:hijacked:

You will get banned if you do not post positively!
      Sorry, but this comment is a little unfair to newbies and to RJ. There was nothing in Ripple's post that would suggest that she may get banned soon and I think that sends a real bad message to new people who need to rant and rave about what's going on in their life.

To all the Newbies: You will not be banned just because your posts are not positive. Please feel free to let out anything that you need to vent about. We are here for you. Members have however been banned in the past for posting while drinking AND attacking other members, being very rude and disrespectful. And they were only banned after being given warnings to change their behavior. I've only been here a little over 5 months and I have never seen anyone banned who was not hurting other members. But time heals and forgiveness has been shown.

Also, please know that this is not normal behavior and it rarely happens so please do not give it much of a thought. I just didn't want the above comment to scare anyone off who does not fully understand this website and the wonderful administration that governs it.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Slip Back..

okay i had doll nightmares last nite. not cool rip. you must find nicer dolls or i can't read your posts anymore. barbie is sensitive. lmao fell off my barbie chair
        :welcome:

Comment

Slip Back..

Rip,

Thanks for posting this. I haven't slipped but fear of what happens after is one of the things that keeps me sober. Whatever works, right?

Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Slip Back..

Speaking of Doll nightmares , just this morning a little girl ran , screaming out of my shop saying to her Mom that the Victorian doll was starring at her in my shop.That is just Silly , it is only the Clowns that we sell that are able to do that !!!!NO CLOWNS......Please...they are EVIL....CLOWNS BE GONE....EVIE
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Slip Back..

I'm, petrified of clowns.

Comment

Slip Back..

oh dear.

i never knew an avatar could harm someone? NOW I DOO...ALthough an avatar does send a MESSAGE! its PLAY to me! :happyheart:

READERS: A slip will change you...getting back on track is work again.. ull

DOLLS: I will try to more careful and chose HAPPY ones! (hope that helps) :boxer:

THANKFUL: Thanks a bunch for the clarification! :huggy

keeping up the fight to stay clean of alcohol is work. look at the positive and not the negative...i have learned so much here ... i also can tell the difference between FAKE it or MAKE
                it... i plan to make it!
                Love to all..XXOO

Comment

Slip Back..

I'm glad that you are feeling better Rip !!!
                  I know that Britzak (Luvuall) only meant well on her earlier post...
                  Love ya xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Slip Back..

Glad you are getting a number of AF days behind you Rip. Thanks also for this real and honest post about your slip and how hard it is to "get it back". It helps all of us who have some AF months behind us - not to think for a minute that we can have a slip and easily get back on the wagon. It messes with our heads and bodies.

That set aside I want to make an "observation" if that's okay with you Rip. (Since you have been one of the most openly honest people here on the boards with sharing exactly whats going on at all times with you!)

A couple of months before your slip - you started "thinking" about drinking again. You posted it and I could tell the stage was being set for you to drink again. I posted back at you to "be careful" and "why would you want to even mess with it".

The only reason I "Recognized " a coming slip was this is my exact past with quitting smoking. I would actually start "thinking" about smoking again several weeks before I'd do it. I just want to point out to all of us - that this is exactly how it goes BEFORE a slip. We really do PLAN it out in our heads long before we do it.

Just something to be aware of ....

Love you Rip and hope you are back on the fast track to your AF days! :l

Liv
                    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Slip Back..

you are GOOD!

Liv..Honesty in the KEY ... my ankles are FREE! :H

Comment

Slip Back..

I am glad that you are feeling better RIP...Alot of people really care for you.It is SOOO GREAT to have a place where you can be honest and not worry that people will use your words against you....I used to feel like I had to hide the pain that I felt and only worry about the other person...I lived that way for most of my life...I was dead wrong,it almost killed me...Never again...EVIE
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X