Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Life Sentence-my blog

Hi everybody,
    Greetings from South Africa.I survived Alcoholism and Depression after having Sleep Therapy. I slept for a week and woke up well. What do you think?

alanb
    Margate
    South Africa

A Life Sentence-my blog

I think it is great that you can sleep !!!!!That would be a relief instead of the tremors and shakes that I went thru.Never forget how bad it feels after a drunk and how good it feels to be sober.......EVIE
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A Life Sentence-my blog

What is Sleep Therapy? Never heard of it. (or was this just a joke?)
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

A Life Sentence-my blog

Alan
        I have read your blog and it is very interesting and terrifying - obviously extreme measures (sleep and electric shock therapy) for an extreme addiction. Sounds like you are lucky that you survived by all accounts. Thanks for sharing and for the warning of where the next step on the alcoholism path could take us.
        BH

Comment

A Life Sentence-my blog

Beatle,
          Sleep Therapy is a litle old fashioned nowadays but it worked for me. No DT'S etc. Not sure if they use all around the world.
          Thanks
          alanb

Comment

A Life Sentence-my blog

well, Alan, that's not much of an explanation. I suppose I could do some research myself, but if you want to get me interested, I would think you would give me a little more to chew one.

Anyway, if it worked for you, I'm glad. Nobody should have to live through DTs.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

A Life Sentence-my blog

Hi guys,
              Thanks for the interest. Sleep Therapy I suppose is my way of describing a proceedure that no doubt has a long medical term. Basically my Doctor was old school and felt the besy way to beat the DT's was to not be around for them. Hence the long sleep. They did wake me up for the toliet and food. It felt like been very stoned all the time but the week passed in a blur. I presume there was just enough drugs to keep me asleep but not unconscious. Strangely enough friends of mine when their time came were not offered this therapy. I would say hassle your Doctor to knock you out.
              Regarding posting the same message I must admit to been quite new at this blog and forum scene. Apologies.
              Cheers
              alanb
              South Africa

Comment

Working...
              X