My Midsummers Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Midsummers Night

As I sit out here in my own private little oasis, I breathe the freshness of the crisp country air. I gently give a kick and the swing moves back and forth. It's getting close to dusk but my little one is still running about the yard, laughing and smiling. I close my eyes and take in the beautiful sound of that little voice. My love is gathering some firewood as we are going to make smores tonight and listen to the sound of the peepers. The loons are making their way across the lake; their haunting but beautiful call echoes all around. I make sure there is enough blankets and marshmallows; the little Pagoda sun lantern I have has just turned on and begins to flicker besides the cherry tree. I look around and smile; the love surrounding this little house, the laughter that it's heard and the memories we have built within it. When I open my eyes, I see the two most precious people looking back at me. Their smiles are all I see, the sound of their voices is all I hear. I bend down and give my little one a dandelion to hold onto, the smile and laughter I get in return is worth more than any piece of jewelry I have ever received; more than any amount of money I at one time had in the bank. This is life. This is what it's all about. I hold them both close to me and breathe in deep. Tonight...we dine on smores.

:l to you all

My Midsummers Night

Gia, that was so lovely. Thank you for sharing that. I love seeing that you are happy now.

Peace, sister.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

My Midsummers Night

Gia, that is a lovely picture that you have put in to my mind .........

I am so happy for you ......... and a teensy bit envious

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

My Midsummers Night

Gia, I can just picture this scene. Makes me relaxed just reading it.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

My Midsummers Night

SMORES , What memories that brings back....Thanks so much !!!
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My Midsummers Night

Gia and Popeye! I am so happy for the both of you. What a wonderful post.

Comment

Working...
            X