Worth reading again -- originally posted by Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this post by Chief hit home... perhaps others will agree. Chief (aka Don), thanks for the leadership and support you provide to all of us!!!!

Just give it up. Stop the battle. You will find it's much easier to quit drinking than to keep quitting....

The constant, daily torture we go through when trying to "control" our drinking is what makes us feel weak, stigmatized, and a failure. We start to think we can never win this battle, and some just surrender to it and "accept" the fact they are hopeless drunks who can never quit.

The reality IS we can never win this battle. So you stop the battle. You step out of the ring. You stop the insanity. If you've proven time after time you can't control drinking once you start, then the obvious solution is to never start. If you don't drink 1, you won't drink 12...it's easy to drink 0 or 12....it's impossible to drink 2.

So, why don't you just let it go....just let it go. There are 2 sides to this battle.....you and The Beast...but if you refuse to step into the ring with him, there can be no battle......you can just watch The Beast walk around the ring alone, with his head down, pouting because there's no one to play with.....
    Tiny

Thanks for bringing this back Tiny. Good words Chief, thank-you!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Yup. There's no such thing as 2 drinks for me. It's got to be AF all the way. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Wow! Powerful stuff there. Loved every single word Chief.

Thanks, Tiny.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Chief has always been wonderful! Nice reminder Tiny! Its the little things that matter...:l

Comment

Don't you just love him? :l
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Yep, I love Don's wisdom, haven't seen him alot lately...we need him back here barking, now that Bear is gone.....
              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
              X