THE MIRACLE OF GOING AF or mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI everyone what has change for you since you stop or even slow down drinking ??

for me it was 125 before and also had colitis of the colon

which give me pain all the time and i was never able to gain weigh.

and now for the last 7 months i have seen miracles

i stop taking my meds, no pain and now i weigh 145 and gainning

feeling really good and eating good.

everyone of my friends say that am looking, heathy, happy

and more positive .

would love to hear what has change for you..
    have wonderful day
    peace , love and god bless.
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

What a great way to start my Monday! I am amazed by the amazing things taking place in my life every day since i stopped drinking. I too was on so much medicine before when i was guzzling wine and now i am med free! No more anti depressants, anti anxiety meds, stomach meds by the gallon....i always felt i was sick and needed the medicine and it was separate from my drinking but that it turns out is just not so...that alone is a blessing- BUT on top of that it saves me almost $600 a month in medicine cost! - we don't have great insurance unless the med is generic (which mine were not)...i am sooooo happy that junk is not in my body anymore!...as well as ALCOHOL of course....
    But for me the BIGGEST miracles always go back to the blessings that are taking place in my children by having their mom back...for example this weekend my 11 year old had a play date with a child - but it was not a sleep over as the family had to leave for a trip early the next morning- anyway she was swimming and playing until 9:30 when i had to go pick her up...well as we all know i typically could never of let her stay because i would not of been able to drive...or worse - i would of let her stay and then driven to get her after trying not to drink too much, talking to the parents and embarrassing her and myself, endangering her by putting her in the car, and then waking up in the morning completely horrified...it sounds like a little thing but alcohol was not only controlling my life, but my girls lives too because I had to base their activities around my drinking...sooooo sad but true...so they are really coming out of their shells as they now feel safe and know they can count of me to be there for them, and not endanger them , or embarrass them...that for me is a miracle that takes place for me everyday...i thanks God every night for my sobriety...And I am never going back...big big hugs and blessings! Buckle:l

Comment

Everything has improved in my life. That sounds very general but it is true! The most precious, I suppose is the inner peace I feel. Everything that went with drinking is gone. This is a good life! One I will never take for granted.

Love to all, Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I'm so pleased for you all. I'm at the beginning of my journey and hope that I can share thesame things.

I so want to put the drink behind me and get on with my life and have a healthy one. My blood pressure is too high, so if I can get that down to how it used to be I too will be soo happy.

Cheeks:goodjob:

Comment

thank you all for sharing .. i would love to hear more

Comment

Good changes:

Much more energy, a better memory, and a little less self-blaming.

Enjoying food again, reading in bed for hours before turning out the light, and once in a while feeling happy for no reason at all.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

the miraclle of being af

i would have never found this site and start to get to know.

so many wonderful people.

and learn how to be open to life.

the way i was meant to be .

things are changeing all for the better

i thank god and the people here at mwo and my family and others .

but most of all me for wanting to change

peace , love and god bless

Comment

tirgs... that is so good. It actually bought a tear to my eye... I truelly love hearing that people are doing well
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

buckledown;337573 wrote: it sounds like a little thing but alcohol was not only controlling my life, but my girls lives too because I had to base their activities around my drinking...sooooo sad but true...so they are really coming out of their shells as they now feel safe and know they can count of me to be there for them, and not endanger them , or embarrass them...
                  I've often thought of that. That you can put your childrens lives at risk by drinking. Just imagine if you had a newborn, was drunk and put them to bed wrong and they died cot death? You would never forgive yourself.

Anyway, i am glad you have made a difference to not only your own life, but to those of your children.
                  One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Pride in myself, my appearance, dignity but best of all waking up just feeling WAY HEY bring on the day.

Lx
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I was just thinking, i am going to re-visit this threat in 5-7 days or so and hopefully record my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X