A Minor Mishap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Minor Mishap

My husband had a mishap w/his car today. Here's how a non-problem drinker handles something like that:
    -He called the towing company.
    -He got the car pulled out.
    -He went on w/his day.
    There were no:
    -Self-recriminations.
    -Creating a crisis.
    -"Destressing" w/alcohol.

Pretty simple.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

A Minor Mishap

Mary, if only things were that straight forward for all of us ..........

Gives us something to strive for though ......

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

A Minor Mishap

Mary, thanks for posting that. There seems to be a lot of posts lately of people just dealing with life's little issues. This is a great reminder that things can be dealt with without AL.

Thanks again.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

A Minor Mishap

Mary, I just love your posts. You lend so much insight to so many things!

So many similarities between AL and Nicodemon. Never smokers / drinkers handle *life* all the time without AL or nicotine. It's pretty obvious it CAN be done! I just need to get my $hit together and do it.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A Minor Mishap

Little, everyday occurances don't seem important when you are drunk or dying to get drunk. Thank for sharing. Things that would have REALLY set me off, I no longer even give thought to. Just LET IT GO.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

A Minor Mishap

If he would have had a 'few'...they would have towed him away too.

I can say that after you are AF a while the 'little things' that were triggers won't be.

Comment

A Minor Mishap

It really gets so much easier to deal without AL after a while.
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

A Minor Mishap

One of the concepts that sustains me is that people go through many, many tough crises wo/resorting to drink. I know I can do it, because I have done it in the past (before I became an alcoholic drinker). My husband came home from the mishap a little rattled, but we went for a walk w/our pup & the whole thing was put behind us after that. No headaches or hangovers involved at all. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

A Minor Mishap

It is absoltely amazing how simple life really is. I know when I drink there are so many things that become so much bigger than they are. When I am not drinking, I have more time in my day, I do not procrastinate, and small mishaps are just that - small. Most times not even noticable.

Thanks, Mary.

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

A Minor Mishap

Funny this has come up, I was just thinking about this very issue. As you all know I have had a lot of loss and death in my life recently....I fell apart. I met a woman that lost ALL THREE of her children in one single accident. Her entire family was gone! AND she didnt drink herself to death. So, as bad as life seems at times...it could be worse and those people are coping. We are in a support group together that I joined a long time ago, but just recently became active, and she told me, she was going to commit suicide one day and her phone rang.....it was our group leader. Sometimes you just need to reach out. Those that truly care about helping will be there. There is a good life out there for us all.
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                    X