June 3 Allowing Myself to Be Vulnerable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In order to either eliminate or embrace my shortcomings for what they are, just for today I will allow myself to be completely vulnerable. I will not block any of my feelings, and I will allow love, fear, anger, pride, and sorrow to enter my heart. I will not let it linger, but allow it to enter, feel it, and let it go.

?When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-ups we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability. To be alive is to be vulnerable.
    -Madeleine L?Engle
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Gosh isn't that the truth? When I was a child and felt like I had no control over what happened to me, I thought that when I was an adult no one was going to make me feel bad again. Hmmm . . . Didn't quite happen that way. But, I'm not sure how to just let the hurt enter and go without letting it linger. Maybe it takes time and distance? But drinking certainly doesn't help. I was feeling like doing that tonight since the hurt is so recent and close--your posting came at the right time. Thank you.

Comment

Lukalee.. did you leave room for joy, thankfulness, and peace? Just wondering. your heart is so big I know there is plenty of room!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie, hmmm. I don't know if those make me feel vulnerable or not. I put in love because it's hard for me to love so openly anymore. I guess now that I think about it, the good things make me vulnerable as well; those are the times when I tend to fall into AL's grips; obviously I have a hard time feeling goodness. Maybe my next theme should be "Allowing Myself to Feel Worthy of Love, Happiness, Joy, Peace, Thankfulness." Thanks for the food for thought. It's what is keeping me going at the moment.

Comment

Maisie,
          It is really hard for me to let things go too. I used to be a patient and understanding person, now, not so much. I believe it is a direct link to alcohol. If AL were never around things would not seem as big of a deal. But the bigger issue for me is that because of AL, I let people treat me with less than complete respect. It's just one big viscious cycle.

Comment

Thanks for giving me something to think on. I've never thought of AL as connected to my willingness to be with people that didn't treat me with respect. I need to ponder that . . .

Comment

Thank you Luk. You are really providing a lot of food for thought.:h
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Weird; I just now read my horoscope for today:

You want others to know your true emotions, but showing your vulnerability is risky business. Listening to what others have to say, though, can help ease your fear of going too far out on a limb. Talking about your feelings is a two-way street and today's New Moon in your 3rd House of Information advises you to gather as much data as you dispense. By Rick Levine

Comment

Wow Lukalee! For yesterday and because I think I am a day behind you! I get the feeling today is a day of vulnerability for me......a day of feelings entering, feeling for a while, and my letting them go without judgement... (hmmmm!!!)

Thanks for leading the way!

FMS xx
                  :heart: c: :heart:
                  "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                  X