Looking for information on whip its

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your heartache. My babes are still young (daughter 9, son 6) but I can see my daughter already changing in attitude. Sorry I can't give you any advise. I just know that when I got "caught" by my mom in my younger yrs with condoms & pot~I denied and denied and they were my friend's.

Big mommy hugs to you!:l You're a great caring mom!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi Gumby!!
      My heart truly goes out to you and hope you have success dealing with her. I know my 18yo, when she was 14-15, was always completely indignant when confronted about her horrific behaviour, like how could I dare think she would do that. Such a liar, all the time!!! But my other daughter also said that she pulled the wool over my eyes all the time - although many times I think I chose not to see, so as not to deal with it, but usually with less serious matters. I think you are definitely doing the right thing.
      As for the root of her unhappiness in doing this?? I don't neccessarily believe she has to be "unhappy" to do things like this. I think teens have to try things, experiment, etc. Also, their friends do it? Also, they like to feel they are so troubled, and misunderstood, etc. My daughter loved to feel she was so misunderstood and abused (she was very abusive herself to her family, but it suited her much more to scream that she was being abused is her dad smacked her bum!) It is such a hard age, but she will appreciate your intervention in a few years, even though she may not like you very much for it now!
      Good luck - my thoughts are with you and your family!
      Peanut

Comment

Hi Gumby,
        I don't want to scare you with this but I know how I was as a teenager and yes, your daughter is lying. I never did whipits but I remember sitting and watching my friends go through boxes of them on their porch. Back then you could buy them by the box from some store. The thing with whipits when I was growing up (10 years ago) was that it wasn't just an innocent thing - the people that did whipits always did harder drugs too. You can get the same feeling from whipped cream canisters you get from the grocery store.
        Yeah, your daughter hates counseling, I did too when my parents made me go. I especially hated the family counseling because I had to admit stuff and how I was feeling in front of my parents. I did better and learned more - although maybe not enough since I have a drinking problem - when I went by myself. I also had to switch counselors a couple times. I finally settled on a woman counselor that was actually a child psychologist. I went through a few men counselors but I think I have a problem with men telling me what my problems are.
        When my parents found out I was having sex they took me to planned parenthood and got me a checkup and birth control. They knew they weren't going to stop me so they figured at least I could be safe and mature about it.
        Again, I don't want to scare you but I ended up getting so mad at my parents one day that I ran away from home one day and they didn't find me for a week. They had to get the police to come get me and take me to a lockup counseling facility. I don't know what they could have done to prevent this. I was just depressed and miserable.
        I don't know if any of this helps - just my experiences.
        Dove

Comment

Working...
        X