does anyone know windows vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to say (knocking on wood) that I have not had any problems with Vista. They fixed many of the problems months ago, but it's just not living down it's bad rep. lol Hope I didn't jinx myself!

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Glad you got prob solved TLRGS, ain't System Restore a great thing?

Young At Heart, it is possible to downgrade a new laptop with Vista to WinXP. The difficulty lies in that the motherboard system drivers for whatever make of Lappy you get will not support XP so you must make discs with the WinXP drivers for your Laptop's particular chipset. Some of these XP drivers are hard to find and some are not even available (Like some Dell models) All part of the grand conspiracy to shove Vista down our throats, I say. Another issue is the Hard drive will need to have changes done to it's controller to facilitate XP. They're definitely not making it easy. A suggestion might be to go on Ebay and buy a recent but not brand new Laptop already running XP. Some good deals to be had.

Thankful, I'm inclined to agree with you, I like Vista and provided you give the resource gobbling beast enough memory (2GB Minimum) it will run fine. Also a good idea to remove all the bloat-ware/trial-ware which usually comes installed on new laptops. I got an Acer Aspire 5050 for my nephew, removed all the Acer bloatware, bought an additional 1GB of memory for it and he loves it.
      Hope this helps.
      WD

Comment

Working...
      X