Trying to be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to be good

Thought I'd be good last night and asked my husband to get me an orange cordial. Only the orange cordial was very out of date... It was gross and tasted... well I can't really explain - I only had to take a sip to realise. It was disgusting... it smelt like a dirty toilet and tasted probably like sewage!!! I did have some orange cordial that wasn't out of date though and washed the taste away with that! Urrrgh! I can't bear to think about it... quite sure it wasn't as damaging as alcohol though and I'm fine today!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Trying to be good

Wouldn't it be great if all alcohol tasted like that? Wouldn't be many alcoholics I don't think. For instance, if brandy were the only alcohol I would not drink

Comment

Trying to be good

I'm wondering ... what is "cordial" ??
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Trying to be good

Cordial is concentrated fruit juice which you add water to dilute it. Weirdly enough I used to put cordial neat in vodka (I hoped that people would think my vodka was pure orange juice - they never did of course) - it was gross by the way. Orange cordial is really strong on its own, it's far worse than drinking concentrated pure orange juice. Sometimes contains extra sugar, saccharin and e numbers, depends which you buy.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Trying to be good

Sewer Water

hart;339227 wrote: Wouldn't it be great if all alcohol tasted like that? Wouldn't be many alcoholics I don't think. For instance, if brandy were the only alcohol I would not drink
          Maybe I should try imagining that beer is sewer water and that vodka has come out of my toilet. :H

Comment

Trying to be good

I don't understand why you are upset. You didn't drink right? That's great. You should be patting yourself on the back.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Trying to be good

That is as bad as drinking spoiled milk....NASTY! I dont think I really liked the taste of alcohol when I first started to drink, but after 2 I really didn't care about the taste, I was buzzed. Of course, it was not nearly as offensive as sewage water!!!!
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
              X