June 5 Accepting Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 5 Accepting Change

Boy wouldn't it be nice to be 21 again!:H Not really, but starting over sometimes feels like it would be grand. But we can't do that. Accepting the change around us is crucial to our program. Nothing waits for us.

"You cannot step twice into the same river, for other waters are continually flowing in."
    - Heraclitus
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

June 5 Accepting Change

yep!

I definitely wish I was 21 again, so I could have my entire life to do differently, but I probably would still do it the same, isn't that how it goes?? I think I would have made the same mistakes................

At least we have those memories, lessons, and TODAY..............I have a HARD time accepting change for sure.

MA:l:h
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

June 5 Accepting Change

To be 21 again and know what I know now, everything would be different. I wouldn't change who I married, because I definately wouldn't want my children to be different. Everything else, definately!
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

June 5 Accepting Change

I'm with you Best. But I wouldn't want to be a kid again. Even though I didn't have any major traumas, no abuse, no alcoholic parents, no broken home, I was still miserable. But to be 21, with my whole life ahead of me and the knowledge I have now-- that would be great. (yeh, no giving up the kids, though.)
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X