Tizer question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tizer question?

Here's a bizarre one, or maybe not - I discovered a non-alcoholic drink called Tizer (made by Barr, the same company as Irn Bru) helped to curb my alcohol cravings during the day for up to 3 hours until they changed the recipe. Had to be something that was in it, just not sure what, no other pop had the same effect. Just wondered if anyone knew. My husband used to laugh and call me a Tizer addict, said I was as bad with that as I was with the vodka. I said, well it's better than me drinking vodka. And he'd say, is it? Look at the colour of it, it's BRIGHT RED. Maybe it had something to do with the colours or preservatives. I was really upset when the shop across from work stopped selling it, I was frantically asking my colleagues, do you know were I could get some Tizer. Maybe I'd just developed an additional Tizer addiction as well...
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Tizer question?

It's funny you should mention colourings and additives because my ex used to go completely loopy when she ate 'Heinz' tomato sauce. She used to get fits of the giggles like she was high or something!!!.

When I first gave up the drink back in June last year I didn't give a shit what i was putting into my body as long as it helped with the cravings etc. I ate family size bags of Haribo sweets just to get as much sugar into my body as possible. I was a big cider drinker which contains shed loads of the stuff!!!. I'm suffering slightly now with sensitive teeth but at least I'm not drinking!!!lol

Tizer was one of my favourite drinks as a kid as well as Dandelion & Burdoch which probably says a lot about my personality as well. Never wanted boring old lemonade or orangeade!! Nah I wanted to be different!!!.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Tizer question?

Haven't had Tizer for years ..........

Hippie you must get your liking of dandelion and burdoch from your 'mum', I used to love the stuff .........

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Tizer question?

Yeah Tizer was always a big treat in our house when I was growing up - haven't seen it recently tho'.

My little boy now has a thing for Vimto of all things which I remember tasting horrid when I was a kid and i have to say it still does!

I over do extra strong mints when not drinking - I agree it is the sugar I'm sure.

Bx

Comment

Tizer question?

That's you that is.........
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
          X