Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need to come back!

Hi all,

Man, I've hit bottom (again). I can't seem to break out of the vicious cycle...determined not to drink, then stop at the wine store on the way home or my DH does. Down goes a big bottle of wine and bingo! Back to square one.

How do I get my determination back? I'm beyond stressed, but there are a lot of stressed people out there who make it without pinto grigio.

I've got the topa, the cds, the book, the supplements but none seem to make it out of the closet. ARRGH! I'm really getting to the place where I can't stand looking in the mirror.

G,

I Need to come back!

You gotta take that stuff out of the closet G. They'll work if you let them. Good luck!!!
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I Need to come back!

Hang in there - take some deep breaths (sounds silly, but sometimes it actually works for me). You gotta make a plan of attack, I think. The fact that you have all the goods ready to come blasting out of the closet is a good start. I'm very lucky because I have next week off, no kids, quiet countryside, and a wife who's on board, so making my plan for Sunday as day one is what I'm shooting for. Baths are pretty good for stress, too. Another thing I've tried is to watch a movie and promise myself I won't pause it for a trip to the fridge. If I drink one beer during the duration of a movie, I feel pretty good about myself.

Anyway ... not the greatest suggestions, but every little bit helps. Keep reaching for that determination; you can find it!!!

Sam

Comment

I Need to come back!

Set small goals each day....Get started for real on this program and you will soon see that you can do what soooo many others have done(Break the cycle of alcohol addiction)...Stay close to this site and it is sure to rub of on you....LOL..Evie
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
        X