DUI course has dragged me down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey FMS, glad you are over the hump. Yes your family stuff does sound like it is difficult to deal with.
    I have kind of got some of that going on in my family at the moment. Your post has just given me the resolve to contact my parents again (I have been the one not returning calls etc, just because I have been finding their relationship troubles too difficult to deal with).
    Family 'isshooooos' are just so bloody painful and hard to deal with sometimes!!

Your trip to Switzerland sounds amazing. I went to Zermatt last August. It was magical.
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Hey - thanks..... Don't know what to say... Sorry if I sounded a cry-baby....because, God knows, I OWN this, ALL of it. I'm not bitching about having to do it...I am just sad that The Reason is being presented as a joke. It's most certainly not a joke. And there can never be any excuses. There are none. And three days doing this compared to dying from cancer or having a child with leukemia...? Phwer....no contest, OF COURSE. Dunno why I mentioned it.

Maybe if I didn't own so much of everything, life experiences wouldn't hurt so much. (But then, the good things wouldn't be so good either.)

Thanks for the support again, it means a lot.

OMS xx (Owning My Self.)
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

FMS--I never got a DUI, but could have and it happenned to a lot of my friends. I put myself in a three day detox program and felt a lot of the same things you did--shame, guilt, embarrassment, etc. Thank God I never hurt myself or anyone else. Not out of the woods yet, but working on it. My family is only somewhat supportive of my efforts but just doesn't know why "you just can't stop drinking". I wish it was that simple. I hope you are feeling better, because everyone I know who went through a DUI went on to better things and are good people. I am suppposed to be going to group meetings, but have not done so as I am very well known in my small town. Other meetings are so far away, with the price of gasoline (and my old car), I could not afford to go. I am seeing a local therapist privately, though, and will see him next week. I hope you will continue with counseling, because it will help. Like I said, all my friends who went through a DUI are doing great, have good jobs, and made it through their programs. You will do fine too!--Sheri

Comment

Dolly, the reason why they are stating this class is a joke is because the instructor is telling them how to get away with drinking. The people are telling drinking stories and laughing about them. I would be frustrated in a class like this too, because I would want to get good information that I could actually use instead of information that made it seem ok to continue down a path of destruction.
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

FMS, If this course is being presented as a joke by the instructor, I can understand your frustration. If he indeed telling people how to get away with driving drunk, he is a criminal. As far as the other attendees telling alcohol jokes etc. It is definitely in poor taste and is very immature, and I am sure hard to take. Unfortnately they probably represent more of the human race than we would like to know! Imagine how tough it is in school, for kids these days!

Thankfully, you are nearly finished and you can move on with your life! You are a terrific lady, who has been through so much this past year. I am wishing nothing but smooth sailing and happiness for a good while to come!

XX Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Time to move on FMS.
              Sounds like this instructor was a real loser. USA and having papers etc. They are becoming a police state anyway. You will have to seek pre-approval for travel as of August 1st as will all of us drunk or sober. If you're good and try hard not to fall down, I don't think Avis is going to be looking for the stamp A.A. on your forehead in America in a couple of years time.
              Cheer up! At least you are welcome here and we won't laugh. Promise.
              Bashley

Comment

Working...
              X