June 7 Procrastination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 7 Procrastination

Today's theme was going to be about getting into nature, but as I sit here, I realize I have a huge problem with procrastination. So, today I will still get in touch with nature (because I am even procrastinating with that - go figure; I never sleep in late, but the day I had a plan to go hiking I did) by going for a shorter hike than anticipated, but I will also do the other things I have been putting off. My emotional and spiritual world gets cluttered by the things I put off in my physical world.
    So, for today I will not completely overwhelm myself with doing 'stuff', but I will stop myself from overlooking the things I need to do because I simply don't want to, and realize that is EXACTLY what I am doing, PROCRASTINATING.

Fred Brooks:
    How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.

Procrasitnation and Masturbation-all you're doing is screwing yourself. :H
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

June 7 Procrastination

I have always made my "to do" lists much too long and then I get overwhelmed by it and end up doing nothing. So I have learned to set myself more short-term and reasonable goals -- this has helped me to get things done and procrastinate less.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

June 7 Procrastination

Procrastination is my middle name!!!! Dexter Procrastination Head
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

June 7 Procrastination

I have been wondering about this. I never used to procrastinate. When I started drinking I started being a procrastinator.(Long word to type LOL). Now I wonder how I will un-learn this behavior. It is one of the biggest things I hate about drinking.

Comment

June 7 Procrastination

Yeh, ha ha, it was definitely AL that made me into a procrastinator. After he got his claws into me, it was always "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow."

BUT, it sure did sharpen up my prioritizing skills. I'm an expert at figuring out what HAS to be done right away and how to rank things in oder of importance-- and my creativity has blossomed in finding ways to get out of doing things.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

June 7 Procrastination

Guilty! I'm actually in the middle of writing an essay on procrastination ... maybe I'll post it here when I finish. I'm basically trying to make the point that procrastination leads to prolonged life - how's that for a difficult sell?!

Comment

June 7 Procrastination

I'd like to read it. Pretty tough sell indeed; it is like when I claim all the perservatives I eat are actually good for me. They will lead to a longer life because they are, after all, perservatives.
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

June 7 Procrastination

beatle;341775 wrote: Yeh, ha ha, it was definitely AL that made me into a procrastinator. After he got his claws into me, it was always "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow."

BUT, it sure did sharpen up my prioritizing skills. I'm an expert at figuring out what HAS to be done right away and how to rank things in oder of importance-- and my creativity has blossomed in finding ways to get out of doing things.
                Beatle .......... you are me .............
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                X