June 8 - Letting the Anger Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I am just not going to get angry; this includes not having angry thoughts. I tend to get angry over the smallest, trivialist shit. And it's ususally crap I just make up in my head anyway. So, for today, when I start to have a negative thought, I am going to squash it.

"Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back -- in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you."
    -Fredrick Buechner
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Love this one, Lukalee.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I have that potential too, lukalee. I am so much more calm and patient when there is no AL, when I take my supps and exercise. My dad used to say "Don't get mad, get even". That I think is an even worse approach. Thoughts become things - choose the good ones. Today I ill be patient with anything I perceive as an irritant. Especially myself.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good message luck!!!

Interesting to me how many people do struggle with anger and irritation. I guess we used to use AL to suppress those emotions, like that worked! I know I could get pretty ugly, nasty when I was drunk, bf did not like to be near me. Though now, I still find the anger there, I just grab my racquet and tennis balls and release it all out on a wall. It feels really good!!!!

My mom use to say, "Dogs get mad, people get angry." Still have never really wrapped my mind around that one...she also taught me revenge too....not a good thing to pass on to the children.

peace,
        flyin

Comment

I have been a REIKI instructor since 1991 and our motto as given by Dr. Usui is (just for today ...i will not worry...I will not be angry...I will do my work honestly...I will give thanks for my many blessings and be kind to my neighbor and all living things).I lived by that rule for many many years and it served me well...I lost my way but I feel like I am back on track now.THANKS for reminding me of this Motto.I will pull it out of the mothballs and use it again in my daily life....Evie
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

AA History Sobriety Calculator anger can equal tears also...:upset:

Comment

Working...
            X