Sensitive in essence, here on day 2 AF. My identity clings to life~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been a few moments, here on day 2 AF that I came close to danger because I have to watch that voice that tells me "what is the use". I step out of my shell as I bring my self to be amongst you all. I think of myself at my place of employment today, smiling through the delerium tremors, desperate as I watch the clock go by as no one has a clue that death is chasing me when I am in my shadows. waiting for me to bring it home.
    I am staying close to what matters, to where I find beauty and truth during these delicate moments.
    I had made an effort to speak here, but, I was absorbed in my cells by alcohol, and it overrode the true nature of my words intent, coming off abstract.
    The rate at which I guzzle it is ungodly because the hole is so big that I just throw alcohol(it) into the abyss that is endless and vile.
    If "it" takes ahold of my ability to reason I am then blindfoldend and taken into captivity.
    I have to juxtapose my own throughts through you all here, as they help me stay away from such cruel words about my life since all this happened, rendering my a feeling of no value and worthlessness.

I am reaching from such a place from my being because I am longing to have
    S~obriety
    U~usefulness on a higher plane
    C~comfort
    C~courage to be fiercly original
    E~everlasting hope
    S~sincerity in my steps
    S~serenity

Thank you ever so much for allowing me to be.

Karen
    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Karen, you are so eloquent. Your words always communicate on a different level than just words. Sometimes I am not sure what you are saying, but somehow I always FEEL what you are saying.

I can relate 100% to the abyss... the endless black hole, the worthlessness, and the feeling of captivity.

Day 2 AF is arguably the hardest (physically, anyway)... at least for me, in the many times I detoxed, it was. Day 3 was when the physical symptoms started to ease, and by day 5, I usually felt pretty ok.

I just hope you are doing this safely. Day 3 is actually the most dangerous in terms of seizures. The first time I quit cold turkey (after many years of hard drinking), I lay in bed for 2 days in misery and then felt somewhat better Day 3, so I went about my daily business, and I had a seizure whilst driving on the highway in heavy traffic. I am lucky to be alive. I don't mean to scare you, but it is a fact that if you have been drinking heavily, and stop abruptly, it can be dangerous and you shouldn't do it without medical supervision.

Well, I hope you are not as vulnerable as I was (I was a really heavy drinker for several years before I quit)... and I am sending you all my support and compassion for what you are going through and what you have gone through and what you will go through.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Yes, the abyss. Everything you say rings true to me, Karen.:h
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Karen,

You are "the use," and never forget it. You would not be in this universe if you were not "worth it."

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
        X