Something to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to share

Just thought I'd share that the nickname Vlad came from a church friend. Not because of my vodka drinking but because he found out I spoke Russian. The only Russian word he could come up with was vladivar (as in the vodka) so it stuck. Was very embarrassed when he began humouring me about secretly drinking vodka in church though, he was joking, he had no idea - I would really like to come clean with him as I know that talking about my problem really helps to eliminate by problem.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Something to share

You've always got something to share YOU!!!lol

Afternoon vlad!

I held the nickname FISH for many many years before I actually started drinking like one. New people often got the wrong end of the stick as to why all my mates called me FISH. My real name is Phil and so my mates at school after hearing a jingle on the TV started calling me Philly a fish!!! I think the jingle went something like "Fillet of Fish.....Fillet of Fish....Fish, fish fish, a fillet!!. Anyway I'm still known as Fish to this date by nearly everyone I know apart from family. I also have a 'reputation' that precedes this name which is one I am hopefully laying to rest these days too.

'Coming clean' so as to speak is a good thing in my eyes. Step 8 in AA says Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. I've shown the willingness but have yet to really make my ammends with my family. I'm only new to AA so have a long way to go as far as the 12 steps; but I do know this one is going to be hard for me somehow. There is still a fair amount of guilt I feel concerning my mum that I haven't let go of yet.

Have a great day vladivar!! Are you a communist then? lol!!!!

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
    X