Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Me For Us...

Dear Caseaday,

Your life has changed dramatically over the past 30 days of being AF. AL has taken a different role in your life and you are now viewing things in a more open and more positive manner. New doors have been opening and opportunities that seemed impossible to imagine have now become within reach. AL will always be part of your life in some way, shape or form. Will you ever drink again has yet to be determined. Some days you want to party, some days you want to moderate, and some days none of it seems worth the risk of relapse. So, for now it is just one day at a time. However, this post is meant to remind you where you came from and where you are to day ? a flash of the past and a snapshot of the present. It is for you to learn from, others to appreciate, and new comers to think about.

30 days ago?4 squad cars and 8 police officers were at your home because you staggered down the street drunk; today you are at your new office developing a new business.

30 days ago?your 8 year old daughter said you smelled like poop all of the time (it was from the toxins in your body) and your bed and pillow would be soaked with sweat each morning; today your girlfriend commented on how soft your skin is.

30 days ago?you would sleep for 12 hours a day and drink for 12 hours a day; now you wake up at 6:30 am and are excited for all of the things you will accomplish.

30 days ago?paranoid thoughts would often raid your mind for hours on end and keep you from going out of the house; now you can?t stand staying at home.

30 days ago?you were lying in bed shaking with the DT?s unable to eat for two days; today you worked out for 45 minutes and then played with the dogs.

30 days ago?you drank 18 shots of vodka to get enough courage to go to a 4:30 pm business meeting that was a disaster; now you once again enjoy being the leader of the conversation.

30 days ago?sweat would run down your face and back when you got nervous (which was all the time); now you only sweat when you work out and it feels great!

30 days ago?you were worried about how bad your breath smelled all the time and chewed gum and Altoids constantly; today you can?t remember the last piece of gum.

30 days ago?drinking and driving were an acceptable downside of being a drunk; today you are thanking God that you didn?t kill some one.

30 days ago?your GF was only staying with you because she couldn?t afford to move out; now she can?t wait for you to get home!

30 days ago?you would gaze depressed at unfinished projects and a dirty home with no energy to make it better; today everything is getting done.

30 days ago?you spent nearly $10,000 per year on alcohol related activities; over the past thirty days that number has been reduced down to $0.

30 days ago?you were only thinking of yourself - trapped in your mind not wanting to speak to anyone; today you talk to random strangers out on the street.

30 days ago?you thought that you were alone?then you made some friends on MWO and everything changed.

Caseaday, as one of your mentors once said ?damn the uncertainties, full steam ahead.?

To Me For Us...

Case,

Wow, awesome post!!

I am incredibly proud of what you have accomplished and very happy your life is turning around for the better.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

To Me For Us...

Wow - this is an incredible post. How self aware you are!!! I bet you weren't 30 days ago. Thank you - I will read this often in an effort to inspire me to get to the place you are.
      God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

To Me For Us...

Thank you for a wonderful post!

Bravo!
        You are starting to feel the magic of feeling alive & well again!
        From reading your post, it is quite apparent that you have embraced your sobriety with a positive attitude.... that's the key to success..... you are well on your way to a wonderful new life full of opportunities & fulfillment!
        Congratulations on your first 30 days.... you are doing awesome! :goodjob:
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

To Me For Us...

Awsome Post! Congratulations on how far you have come! As you said, full steam ahead to better times!

Hugs, Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

To Me For Us...

That's great. Congratulations on 30 days and a truly new lease on life.

p.s. I suggest you refer to this post anytime you ever get tempted to drink again.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

To Me For Us...

I love it! Way to go!

I think we all should do a reminder list to ourselves of where we came from, and where our lives are now. I think it would help oodles!

Congrats, Case! You are an inspiration to many here! Keep up the great work, and welcome to the land of the living!

Comment

To Me For Us...

30 days is awesome and so is this post. Congratulations on all the changes in your life.

Comment

To Me For Us...

Well Done Case!!! You are an inspiration!!!
                  xoxoxo Peanut

Comment

To Me For Us...

Awesome post!!!
                    Goal 1: Today
                    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

To Me For Us...

Case, thank you so much for sharing this awesome post! You have come so far, truly an inspiration!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

To Me For Us...

Thank you so much for this. (Didja have to make me cry???) I'm on day 7 (longest sober spell in probably 6 years), and I am damn well going to keep going. I want to be you in 23 more days, and even better beyond. Congratulations on your wonderful success.

Comment

To Me For Us...

Wow Caseaday!! You Rock!! This post is worthy of being hung on the refrigerator. Print this off and keep it close by, so when the nasty little beast tries to show up, you'll have something to smack him with. CONGRATULATIONS on all your hard work!!

Miso :heart:

Comment

To Me For Us...

Caseaday - I am printing this out and keeping it with me. I am AF 6 days and your post was very inspiring. You should be dso proud of what you have done and what you have done for other by posting this. Thank you thank you thank you!

Kat
                            "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

To Me For Us...

Killer post!! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X