Our mission trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our mission trip

Hello all, just returned from Austin, Texas from our Church Youth Mission trip. It really was an awesome experience, however exhausting and stress filled. I'm a country girl and was forced to drive in the city----arrghh! Anyway, I felt compelled to post this video of one of the missions we were involved in. Mobile Loaves and Fishes takes food to the homeless people around Austin. Many of these people are homeless because of addictions. A very eye opening experience! I will not complain about being hungry again!

[ame= ]YouTube - Feeding the Need[/ame]
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Our mission trip

That was inspiring. I like that they emphasize giving the homeless dignity as well as food and supplies. It was also interesting to see how happy they all looked, not just the homeless, but the people who were giving.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Our mission trip

LVT25,

What a wonderful mission you took part in. Giving is receiving, isn't it.

Miso :heart:

Comment

Our mission trip

Wow. I am humbled.

"It isn't much." "Yes it is, it is everything."

Thank you for sharing.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Our mission trip

Manos de Cristo was another mission we helped with. They actually have a free/los cost dental clinic that gives back their smiles. (Most homeless people are toothless because they can't afford to go to the dentist).
          The kids that served with us were so awesome. Most had never seen people like this, and they smiled and talked to them and told them have a nice day. And yes, it made us all feel good for a day. It was a life changing experience. While driving the next day we saw a homeless person on the street, and the kids got in the cooler and gave him some food. Probably wouldn't have happened the week before!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Our mission trip

Love it Love it Love it!
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Our mission trip

Thank-you for sharing.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Our mission trip

Oh, so inspiring and uplifting just to know that all over the world God's children are being His hands and feet.
                In our community there is also a lot of homeless people and our congregation is very involved. Also a distressing amount of social problems like child abuse and child rape ( yes, South Africa apparently leads the world in child rape...what a shameful fact) and a lot of it the result of alcohol and marujana ( weed) We can only do our best to help - and that we do.
                Jessie
                make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Our mission trip

LVT,

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. What a fantastic gift of giving.

:h Best
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Our mission trip

I live in austin and my church is involved with both manos de cristos and fishes and loaves...very small world ..thanks for sharing and giving back!..hugs..buckle

Comment

Our mission trip

Hey, Buckledown,I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed visiting your city and it's people. Everyone was so friendly, and I was especially impressed with the drivers on the road. Most managed to make room for us "flatlanders" that don't know how to drive in the big city! Austin is a beautiful place. We really enjoyed working with both missions!

[ame= ]YouTube - Habitat on Wheels: Feet on Higher Ground[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                      X