June 10th and 11th Let's Get Physical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm posting this early because I am rolling my sorry ass out of bed tomorrow at 5:30 so I can drop my kids off at 6:15 with their dad so I can join the damn recreaction center!!! I can't afford to join a fancy ol' gym, but I think I can scrape up $1.25 to go workout. If I like it and think I will actually go, I can continue paying $1.25 each time or $35 for 3 months, not too shabby.
    Wednesday I am going in for a complete physical and asking for Chantix so I can quit smoking.
    I need to do these things not just for the obvious health reasons, but I have to admit, I think I need some vanity in my life right now. I am not the type of person who is into fashion, and I rarely even wear makeup. There is a particular guy in my life who has made me (better yet I allowed myself) feel like less than me. I know, I know; this makes it sound like I am doing it for bad reasons. But I have literally sat around my lazy ass for months thinking about this and the purpose behind it. I really DO want to look great, but it isn't for him or any other man. I want to be able to look in the mirror and exclaim, "Fuck, you're hot!!!"

"The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that ... women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves." - Louise Otto
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

hi Luke Ex idea to start a workout program! it will help you not only physically but mentally.I am now finding my mind drifting to thoughts of my next workout as compared two a couple of weeks ago when my thoughts were only about my next drink.fills up time plus helps me sleep sound at night . Enjoy the start of a new lifestyle that is so positive.Also you will be around people that are living a healthy lifestyle.
    Stay Healthy and keep fighting
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Luka!! I am so happy that you are making these healthy changes for yourself. Just think, giving up smoking will free up the money for the gym!!! Not to mention making you both feel and look better!

You have come such a long way in just the past couple of weeks!!! You should be very proud of yourself and when you get fit.....you will be off the charts!! I have no idea what time zone Over the Rainbow is in....but, in your honor, I will work out with you at 6:30 MST!!

XXX Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I wont be running marathons at 6 in the morning, but you go girl!!!! Your post is positive and inspiring. Be proud!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

:happy::jumpin::jumpin:Yay Luk!!!!!

Here's what you can sing to the dudes (wearing your Olivia Newton-John spandex):
          Let's get physical, physical
          I wanna get physical
          Let's get into physical
          Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
          Let me hear your body talk

I've been patient, I've been good
          Tried to keep my hands on the table
          It's gettin' hard this holdin' back
          If you know what I mean

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view
          We know each other mentally
          You gotta know that you're bringin' out
          The animal in me
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Ha! Ha! Dex!!! Time to break out the Leg Warmers and head bands too!!
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hey Sweet Luka - just wanting to know how this morning went!! Report! This is exciting! If you back this excitement up with the action you've talked about you are going to feel awesome in NO TIME FLAT!!

Go Girl!
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

[ame= ]YouTube - Olivia Newton John - Physical[/ame]

Love it. I was so NOT physical when she did this.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I didn't go this morning My workout/quit smoking girlfriend was unable to go this morning. I was going to go anyway, but my son woke up with a throbbing foot, so decided to stay home with him. Excuses, excuses. But not is all a wash. I am determined to do at least 5 miles on the exercise bike before I go to bed tonight.
                  Al has been on my mind all morning too. The first time in quite a bit. Actually had to go out and get AF beer. "One more time before you start the Chantix" etc., etc. BOOOOOOO

Comment

Oh, and we have a plan to go Thursday night. It sucks because we have to take a class to use the equipment, and it is only offered three times a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X