Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goofy Dreams

Night #3 AF dream:

Party type atmosphere, many old and new friends around a table, some are drinking, some are not. I'm not drinking .... I get up to do something and that feeling comes over me - like it has so many times in the past when I've been sitting in the same place drinking a lot, not moving much - I start to stumble, fall over, catch myself, knock over a few things ... everybody's watching me ... a galfriend says, "Wow, how'd you get so drunk?" I answer, "I'm not drunk, haven't had a drop ... it must be the medication!!" It was the most helpless feeling. I was embarrassed, but also thinking, "Wait a minute ... no one said this was going to happen!" Ha! End of dream.

I guess that's the brain playing tricks on me, like I'm not going to get a buzz from the supplements, but I'm going to get all the physical impairments of AL. HA!!

I have to say that the last 3 nights of dreaming sober have been ridiculously annoying, but I'm glad I can get a laugh out of it.

Hope all are well. Keep on truckin' (the beast is growing smaller in the rear-view mirror!)

Sam

Goofy Dreams

Hi Sam Handwich! My dreams when first going AF haven't been all that wild, but had DOOZIES of dreams with I quit nicotine. I'm quite sure it has to do with the subconscious mind wanting a fix.

The funniest one I remember was opening a box of kid cereal, and the "prize" inside the box was a pack of my second choice brand of cigarettes, and TWO packs of matches. (why two????) I stopped having those crazy dreams after I think about a couple of months with cigarettes - and they werent every night for that long. Not sure how long the crazy dreams (if you get them) tend to last with AL.

BUT...I think it's great you are laughing!! That'll show the :alf: who is boss!

And :cheering: for your AF days!! Congratulations. WE CAN DO THIS!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Sam Handwich;343880 wrote: Night #3 AF dream:

I have to say that the last 3 nights of dreaming sober have been ridiculously annoying, but I'm glad I can get a laugh out of it.

Hope all are well. Keep on truckin' (the beast is growing smaller in the rear-view mirror!)

Sam
      Glad to hear it!

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Hey Sam,

I had a dream where I was at a party (a common theme obviously!) standing by a table full of drinks and a menacing Darth Vader type figure was looming over me and trying to make me pick up a drink from the table. I was yelling "No! No! I don't want a drink!"

I woke up with a start at 5am!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Goofy Dreams

When I was drinking I used to have crazy dreams about having giant vodka bottles at work and getting beer out of vending machines - but the other day since going AF, I had a dream that I was watching TV and covering my eyes and screaming 'Nooooo! Don't wanna see that!' as two people were drinking vodka and toasting! I'm getting there!!!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Yeah, it's crazy ... I think that's the very first dream that I've ever had involving me being drunk; how ironic is that!?!?!

DG - when I finally quite smoking, I'll report on any dreams. Yours was amazing (2 books of matches? How many matches are in a book? Same amount as cigs in a pack, or less???)

Thanks for the support, too!

Sam

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Oh the dreams. When I first went AF and went through some yucky withdrawl, I had some horrific dreams! Not to do with alcohol, but more bloody, goary, scarey dreams.
              About those matches - up here in Canada, ciggies come 25/pack, but matches are only 20, so I always ask for 2 packs of matches. Makes sense to me, but the dumb clerks always need an explanation (damn non-smokers! ha! just kidding!!)

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Peanut, on a totally different subject -- you mentioned vertigo in a different thread (sorry, can't find the 1-30 right now). I've had a lot of experience w/vertigo; feel free to PM me if you want to discuss. (and vertigo is a bad dream in and of itself, except it's real!)

Comment

Goofy Dreams

I TOO HAVE HAD GOFFY DREAMS, THIS SHALL PASS ! IAD!
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Goofy Dreams

IAD!

Perfect example!!!! I'd prefer dreams like "I Am the Walrus" ... maybe that will be my hypno CD before bed. Thanks for that chuckle ...

Sam

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Sam,

However, You must play the CD backwards...

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Goofy Dreams

COOL...WELCOME ABOARD ! THAT IS A CIGARETT HE'S SMOKING, I THINK! IAD !
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Goofy Dreams

Yeah, what McCartney called a "Jazz Cigarette"!!!

Comment

Goofy Dreams

I am the queen of wild, goofy dreams. I had them before I drank, I had them more intensely after I started drinking, and even more when I quit. Sometimes they have been scary, hallucinatory, but many times the theme has been the same: I'm looking for a bottle I stashed, but can't remember where I hid it. Wait! maybe those weren't dreams, after all.
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Goofy Dreams

I kept dreaming I was looking for a bottle that I had stashed, but couldn't remember where I hid it. (Not much different from being awake =)
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X