I bit the bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bit the bullet

Called MD office. Asked for very mild anxiety med and only a little bit. Shit. I feel so weak in spirit to have to do that. It's so awful when you look down upon yourself. And you know how I am about MD. Grrrr Oh well. Sorry daddy, but I'm going to blame you.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

I bit the bullet

Greenie,

Blame whomever you must.

Just come out of the abyss.

You are so awesome and I am so proud of you. :l:l

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I bit the bullet

Hey, you don't sound like you always do. This makes me sad that you sad. As Cindi said blame whoever, but please give us back our "greeneyes"

Love.
      MyChoice

Comment

I bit the bullet

Greenie,
        Don't be disappointed, the closer I get the more nervous I am as well. Your date is VERY near, so it isn't like you will need this med for long. Don't beat yourself up......hang in there, we're ALMOST FREE!!!!!! (about makes me cry today..I must have PMS) HA
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I bit the bullet

Greeneyes, I don't know you well enough to know if you are blaming daddy for the anxiety or for feeling ashamed for asking the dr. for some meds. There is no shame in taking meds for anxiety. Anxiety can be so distracting that it is hard to get anything done but pace. I developed anxiety after a severe depression and horrible work experience. For about 1 1/2 years I had a fast acting med (clonazepam) that I took as needed. I started out needing it several times a day and later maybe once a week. There is no shame in this!

Comment

I bit the bullet

Hey Greenie, see the meds forum for alternatives to meds for anxiety and depression. There is a recent thread in which I wrote out a whole list of them, with comments.

But if you feel you need to get a "real drug" for anxiety, I recommend lorazepam (Ativan). It is highly addictive, so you don't want to take it daily, but for occasional use, it can be just dandy.

If you let it dissolve under your tongue it kicks in after about 1/2-1 hour. Its half-life is short, so it is out of your system fairly quickly (big advantage). However, you don't want to mix it with alcohol. It will put you right to sleep without you knowing what hit you.

I've suffered from anxiety for years. I know how tough it is. You should never feel ashamed for seeking ways to alleviate it. If you have a bad headache, you take a pain reliever. If you have anxiety, why not an anxiety reliever?

Hope you feel better soon.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I bit the bullet

Hubby said "oh it was a 10mg, sorry" He said it was a five. No wonder it kicked my liitle arse. Grrr.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I bit the bullet

Greeneyes,
                I just started ADs a couple of days ago -- I too hate meds but I need to get my sanity and myself back. My husband would like "me" back as well. Anxiety can be debilitating, so do what you need to do. Even if you just have the script filled, it doesn't mean you have to take it all the time. It is a safety net when you need it. Take care of yourself. CS

Comment

I bit the bullet

Sorry, CS, I just have to stick my nose in here again... You most likely know this, but just to be sure: You cannot take ADs on an as-needed basis. You have to take them consistently (and without alcohol) for them to work. (You can't stop them suddenly either). However, Anxiety meds (like the benzos, which I and Louise mentioned) can be taken on an as-needed basis. This is probably what you meant, but I just wanted to make certain it was clear.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I bit the bullet

Hi, greeneyes,

Reading your posts has meant a lot to me. You sound like a very strong person.

As for meds, why should anxiety meds be more shameful than any other kind? They alter physical stuff in the body, just like the others.

My family has a tendency toward chronic depression. I wasn't willing to deal with that. I've been on Celexa and Wellbutrin for years. Life is good - c'mon join the AD party! Sounds like a temporary gig for you anyway.

Comment

I bit the bullet

wot-ever works...do it for now. at rehab no narc's. :H the calm before the storm.....

Comment

Working...
                      X