• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapping turtle...

My grandkids found a turtle the yard.

They said "We are keeping him>

It is a snappng turle. A baby, yes.

I love that they know and understand. "he must be taken care of, and you may not be what he needs."

My son "borrowed" my debit card and is going to buy the aquarium and whatever it takes.

I am so blessed that my husband, childdren, and grandchildren "get it."

It is not about what we want or need, it is about the animal that is in need.

Okay, so I am the Granny who is the first person who has a "snapping" turtle for a pet!!

I( LOVE IT!!!
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Snapping turtle...

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Ahhhh Cindi, that is so sweet ............:h:h:h

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Hilarious!! I'm sure are the only one here with such pet!
        Congratulations on addition to your family.....you know you'd be the one feeding, and cleaning and looking after, but hey - that's what grandma?s for anyway

Comment

Snapping turtle...

We used to find snapping turtles when I was little. We'd keep them for awhile and feed them veggies and then release them back in the wild. Such good memories!
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Nope

I keep the filling what...

I Loe te chidren.

Love,
            cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Snapping turtle...

OkaY???? I love its.
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Cindi, what happened to your typing? You must be REALLY excited about this turtle!
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Snapping turtle...

LOL beatle, it isn't everyday you get a new turtle ok!

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Ahem... we had sanpping turtle, opossum, alligator (lived in the bathtub) , doggies, mice, newt, parakeets, painted turtles, canary, rabbits, ducks, a huge garden spider which we named, and a a gerbil. I think that may cover it. LOL
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Greenie are you kidding me? You lived in a zoo girl. I can see it all, but the alligator in the tub would have to go. LOL

Comment

Snapping turtle...

We had a pet chameleon and pet caterpillars. I guess we liked change.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Snapping turtle...

You bit me Greeneyes ...and I thought I lived in a zoo with hamsters, and rabbits and cats and dogs, well cows even (I was visiting granma on the farm) but an alligator in the tab?!!

Comment

Snapping turtle...

We have chameleons at the office. I take him on the wheely garbage can for a ride to the street and then bring him back. Weeeeeee!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Snapping turtle...

Check the food needs of snapping turtles....make sure the kids know that FINGERS are not on the menu.We had a snapper in our pond that feasted on baby ducks but i think hamburger would work.My Vet said that we needed to get the turtle out of the pond because it would bite our toes if we hung them off the raft.He also said that they carry alot of diseases so a bite could be serious and they are not known to be tameable.Please be careful.I do not want to see a great summer adventure end up with someone hurt....Evie
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X