day 3 in 1 hour and 15 min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man it was hard not having a drink tonight but i did. going to get some af beer tomorrow and see if that works because i know it will just get worse.
    i haven't been af this long in a long time - yeah!!!
    dove

Dove, you are doing great! huge congrats to you. Be sure to get your vitamins as your body is dealing with a lot of changes. you'll be in double digits before you know it
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dove - that's fantastic! Just keep on going. Yeah!!!

Comment

another day under your belt! i'm with you...doing the same thing...ABSTINENCE. :welcome:

Comment

thirst4romance;344496 wrote: forget the af beer get to an AA meeting instead and start mixing wit sober people
          AF anything is just a waste i must agree...Are you sober right now T4R? oh by the way...:welcome: AA is a wonderful fellowship...

Comment

what is T4R? yes still no drinks in me yet. the non alc beer would be to get over the habit of going to the fridge and cracking something at the end of the day....a very satisfying feeling. i don't drink soda so coke won't do it. also for something to do to join hubby when he has a beer. i feel like aa would be too much like church so not too into going there.
            thanks for the suggestion though!
            thanks all for the support everyone!
            dove

Comment

Dove,

I get AF beer at times. It really helps when I am sitting there in the hotel restaurant/bar and everyone around me is drinking.

I don't care if it is a crutch or whatever.

It works and I don't consume alcohol.

T4R is someone who was posting rather nasty posts. RJ removed them.

Really glad you are through with day 3!! YAY!!

Stay on track and before you know it you will be through all the rough stuff.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Dove my dear,it sounds like you have a great start.This site saved my life...I can not take AA.There is another program that has been a help to me called (women for soberiety)You can google it.They are a very construtive group that leave your relationship to God out of your recovery.This site is so important in the day to day challenges that we face while trying to get and stay sober.If you have not been to CHAT,it is a great place to interact on a personal level with others who are in recovery.Feel free to PM me if I can help...Evie
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

You are doing great Dove, you must be feeling fabby. I can never understand the af beer/wine stuff, just don't see the point when I could have something a/f that tasted delicious instead, I have also found that it just gives me a want for the real thing but whatever works for you go for it.

Lx
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

yeah, i'm gonna try it (af beer). and no, not feelinig that fabulous....kind of blah and even depressed maybe. anyway maybe it will get better in a couple days. thanks
                    dove

Comment

Dove,

Day 4 and 5 will go by and they are typically the most difficult.

After that, it only starts to get better every day.

Can't wait 'til you are posting about your 30 days!!! You will get there. :l

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                      X