Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thirst4romance

Hey thirst.

I've read more than a few or your posts this morning which give me the impression you are unhappy with what people are trying to achieve here. You are as you've stated a member of AA but it is clear you are not working that program and upholding the traditions.

Maybe you would like to elaborate some more of your own story and share with us the benefit of your wisdom. What's worked for you may not be what's right for others and many people here have gone on to prove they can move on with their lives without AA and without the obsession lingering. There are many members here who attend AA as well. I am one of them.

So, are you willing to share with us here?

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

thirst4romance

Good post Hippie. I would like to add that it doesn't help anyone to be negative, and especially to call people names (like "loser"). We are all battling the same thing and our goals are more or less the same. There is nothing to be gained by calling people names or saying discouraging things. Thank you for trying to turn this into a constructive thing, Hippie. I hope thirst takes it up.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

thirst4romance

Good query, hippy

Thirst remindns me of DoMePuppy.
      I like AA.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thirst4romance

Thirst, Why pray tell, are you here on this site?
        sigpic

Comment

thirst4romance

Hi Thirst,
          I am one of the people who have benefited tremendously from the site and guess what...it does not cost me a cent. Not a penny. So I don't how how you make your sum. And if RJ is making money from the supps etc then she thoroughly deserves it because this site is a lifeline for me and many others and they are not necessarily lonely.
          My guess: you are an elderly man and the typical man of whom there are so many at AA. Except they are nice and kind people and not insulting.
          Guess 2. As far as money is concerned you are a poor loser. You've got that typical attitude.
          You have annoyed me and I'll give you my honest mind.
          Jessie
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

thirst4romance

Thirst,

Actually, we have quite a few members who have stayed sober for a long time.

Several years for some. We call them solar orbiters.

I am not sure where your derision and anger are coming from. I love AA and go to AA meetings whenever I can.

I also use this site as a help and it helps greatly. I also take Antabuse under the direction of my psychiatrist. No, it is not a cure, it is an aid.

How can you proclaim the MWO program doesn't work if you haven't tried it yourself? This is one of the reasons so many here are against AA, people like you who are "my way or no way." I think that is very sad. I am glad you are not in my home group.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thirst4romance

If you're that happy with your sobriety thirst and you clearly have no other words of wisdom to impart here other than to judge other peoples methods of sobriety with derogatory remarks then WHY, are you here?.

It's clear that AA has maybe kept you sober my friend but it seems that is all.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

thirst4romance

Thirst

It is so easy to judge, and when we judge we think we know the RIGHT answer...

I have had a lot of thoughts about the things you have said to people here who you know NOTHING about, and the conclusion you have come to so quickly after being on MWO for such a SHORT time....

'maybe' you are having a really bad time and are unhappy and unloved and maybe your mum still cross-dresses you ... but I dont know anything about you so can only imagine !

All I know is in my head and heart and I love this site and the people who I have met here because they help me a LOT .... for FREE

thirst4romance;344628 wrote: I am a happy sober man who does not want to drink.
                .....mmmm REALLY ??? :H

Comment

thirst4romance

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck .... it's a duck ~ opps I mean drunk.
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

thirst4romance

THIS SITE HAS SAVED MY LIFE !!!!!!! I WAS RAISED IN ALATEEN WAS FORCED TO LEARN THE BIG BOOK BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS(MY WHOLE FAMILY IS AL) I AM 55 YRS. OLD AND HAVE BATTLED THE BOTTLE ALL MY LIFE.I HAD 17 YRS.SOBER AND IT WAS WOMEN FOR SOBERIETYS PROGRAM THAT HELPED ME REGAIN MY SELF RESPECT AFTER AA HELPED ME DISTROY THE LITTLE BIT THAT I HAD LEFT.I FELL OFF THE WAGON DURING A DIVORCE.WENT TO A AA BASED COUNSELOR WHO TOLD ME THAT I COULD NOT STAY SOBER WITH OUT AA.HE POO POOED MY PRIOR 17 YRS.SOBER.I AM SO GLAD THAT I SAW HIM.IN A WAY HE DID GET ME SOBER BY MAKING ME SO MAD THAT I CAME HERE.A PERSON HERE TOLD ME TO LOOK UP THE ORANGE PAPERS ABOUT AA.THEY SAVED MY SANITITY.THERE I READ OTHER PEOPLES IDEAS ABOUT AA.I DID NOT FEEL ALONE IN MY THOUGHTS ANY MORE.I SEE AA AS A CULT WITH A VERY LOW SUCESS RATE.AA BASED REHABS ARE THE BIG MONEY MAKERS NOT MWO.AS LONG AS DRS. AND GOV. FUNDING ONLY LOOK AT AA I CAN NOT SEE ANY REAL PROGRESS BEING MADE IN ALCOHOL RESEARCH.I HAVE CHANGED MY WILL TO LEAVE ALL MY ESTATE TO THE RESEARCH OF ALCOHOLISM ON THE TERMS THAT NONE OF IT TOUCHES AA HANDS.THIS SITE IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME AND SO MANY OTHERS.IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW MANY HAVE BEEN HELPED HERE I DO NOT THINK THAT YOU COULD BE THE OSTERIDGE HIDDING YOUR HEAD IN THE AA HOLE IN THE GROUND.AA MAY BE THE WAY FOR SOME BUT OPEN YOUR EYES BEFORE YOU PASS JUDGEMENT ON THIS SITE AND SEE THAT AA IS NOT THE ONLY WAY !!!! EVIELOU...SOBER FOR LIFE WITH MWO.....
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

thirst4romance

Orange papers? What's that?
                      sigpic

Comment

thirst4romance

Greenie my dear.....google orange papers AA.You will then understand how I have felt about the AA program ever since I was a child.It is soooo full of contradictions and BS that it is no wonder they have got only a small sucess rate.There are people who are helped by the companionship and group meetings but I have seen people kill themselves after being told they had to do it AAs way or die.i wonder if the few who get sober from AA do so because of the group support and not because of any 12 steps.Just my opinion but if you read the papers you may see some truth in them...LOL...Evie

Comment

thirst4romance

I am a happy and sober woman who does not want to drink. I have been that way for over three years. I have been around the block more than a few times myself including going to crappy AA meetings and being bored to death and getting absolutely nothing but humiliation out of them. I have been very successful with MWO.

To each his own, I guess. I wish you great success with your AA program and much happiness in your sobriety. Sobriety is a wonderful thing, no matter how you achieve it.

Take good care of yourself.
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

thirst4romance

Dear MAGS,I guess that I need to take a lesson in tolorence from you.You are kind to even the smallest minded people.One thing that we do have in common though is that i wish soberiety to everyone who seeks it,no matter how they go about getting it.Alcoholism is not something that I would wish on any living soul....i think you are wonderful.Thanks for all your posts...They have really helped me and I am Grateful....LOL..Evie

Comment

thirst4romance

Yes, I wish sobriety to all who seek it, but I don't tolerate calling people names and degrading people's efforts.

thirst, you know you are not here to get sober or to help anyone else. So if you don't have anything to contribute and you don't want anything from this site, kindly get lost.
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X