Oh no!!!!! How embarrassing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A man came to the door at work and sounded the buzzer. I answered it and they asked me if a 'Rosie was ready yet...' Knowing that someone had just come in for an interview thought that maybe he was here to give her a lift or something and said,
    'Oh, has she just come in for an interview?'
    The man replied, 'Oh no, she's died...'
    I looked at him quite wide eyed and he continued,
    '...oh wait is this not the funeral parlour...?'
    I couldn't be anything but apologetic and walked with him to show him where the funeral parlour was.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Oh no, that was an awkward experience, but totally not your fault. Poor fella!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

The man replied, 'Oh no, she's died...'

I was starting to think you actually worked at an undertaker's but may of been 'on the sauce' and not remembered this!!!!lol Glad you got it sorted vlad. I know your abstaining this week too so this was just a funny scenario I had in my head of you!!!!

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Oh Vlad,,,giggle - giggle. Admit, it was funny. Write the episode up in your journal.
        Jessie
        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

hippie37;344577 wrote:
          I was starting to think you actually worked at an undertaker's but may of been 'on the sauce' and not remembered this!!!!
          Yeah well, it wouldn't surprise me, yesterday I queued up in the wrong bank to put a cheque in my account. I realised as I got to the cashier's desk and went 'Ha! Excuse me, wrong bank!' I did dream last night that my new obsession was ten pin bowling and not vodka though!!!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Yeah but the 'pins' where vodka bottles!!!!lol Come to think of it that would be quite a positive dream actually!!!
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Dont feel bad our dearest Vlad,Listen to this true story.A mailman delivered a big handful of Cards to a lady on his route.Seeing all the cards he broke into song...Happy Birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...Etc...Etc...When he finished the lady said in a sad voice(they are burying my husband today).Now that is what i call embarressing....I hope that gave you a smile...Evie
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My friend recently walked into a shop and said "I'd like to book an eye test please". The lady gave her a withering look and said "I think you need one, this is the dry cleaners, the optician's is next door"!!! Honest, I didn't make it up!!!

J

Comment

Its amazing how clueless people are!! We have a sign right on the door saying "LAW OFFICES" and people walk in and ask if this is the dentist's office!!! uugggghhhhhh

Comment

Perhaps they think it says "Jaw Offices" - sorry, don't know what's got into me tonight - by the way, what time do you need to make an appointment with the Chinese dentist........2.30 - geddit!! Okay, outa here!!!
                    J

Comment

Working...
                    X