Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why we love MWO and RJ (have a read thirst..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I am happier, healthier, more honest person
    Because I have met FABULOUS people who have loved me back and helped me without judging me
    Because I have learned a LOT

Because I'm not hiding my drinking any more.
    Because I don't have bottles to get rid of.
    Because I can remember what I said & did.
    Because I don't have to pretend I'm sober...I really AM sober.
    Because I can enjoy conversations & make sense.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Because I'm not a grumpy old man.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

ditto

And there are tons of people here with a wealth of information from different backgrounds to answer all kinds of questions

And RJ watches over us and guides us as she wants to see us succeed. And it ain't the money, honey. Thirst, you are quite mistaken.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

BECAUSE I AM ALIVE AND REGAINING MY HEALTH.....BECAUSE OF THE COMPLETELY UNSELFISH LOVE AND SUPPORT THEY GIVE....BECAUSE THEY ENCOURAGE ME TO THINK FOR MYSELF....BECAUSE I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON SEEING THE WORDS (YES YOU CAN POSTED HERE WHEN I THINK THAT I CAN NOT).....BECAUSE OF THEIR COURAGE TO GO AGAINST THE MAIN STREAM AND THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.......BECAUCE OF THEM I TRUELY KNOW THAT I AM STILL AN ALCOHOLIC BUT I NEVER HAVE TO DRINK AGAIN...BECAUSE THEY GIVE ME A FEELING OF FAMILY......BECAUSE I CAN SEE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TO BEAT THE BEAST ALONE......FOR THESE REASONS AND MANY OTHERS,I AM ETURNALLY GRATEFUL.......YOU ALL ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST AND I TRUELY LOVE YOU......EVIE
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Because RJ founded this on simple, honest principals that work. It is a community - and it's citizens work on a common goal ... sometimes annoying each other, sometimes angering each other but always loving each other because we are each humans trying to find MY WAY OUT!!

Today is THANK YOU RJ DAY!!

Thank you RJ !!

163 days Alcohol Free!!
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Wow! So many reasons I will always be grateful to RJ for doing the research, writing the book and then giving us this special place to share and to vent!! To create life long friends who understand this really confusing and difficult journey.

Most of all it is a way to learn how to live non-drinking lives and do it in such a healthy way!

Thank you RJ, thank you everyone here, who is on the same path!!!

Six months sober next week!!!!
              KateH
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Come on, admit it guys--we love people like thirst coming here and bashing "our way" and RJ without a single clue what they're talking about. It brings out the gratefulness in us!! Plus it provides a little entertainment.:H

We all know MWO helps more than it hinders. I think Liv said it best--she's so smart!:l

(I do think he owes RJ an apology though!)

THANK YOU ROBERTA JEWELL!!!
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I love this site, I don't post much but I drop by and read, There are so many wonderful people here who stop what they are doing to help others. By finding this place i have been able to nip this in the butt. I would say drinking was starting to become a problem for me. Reading the book, looking at my diet and supps. Cds as well, I feel that I have regained my self control, looked at what I could have become.
                  I moderate alittle, go many weeks without a drink and really looking forward to the day I never as yes to another drink again. MWO has helped me do that, perhaps I would have done it alone, but it sure helps when theres help.
                  I'm not saying that I may never get drunk again. For me it kind of strikes out of the blue.......and then it gungho!!! - I find the romance of the whole thing gets me. But really... we all know theres nothing romantic about a drunk...
                  After a hard days work full with stress, i used have my little reward!............for the most I can say no and drink that soda with lemon. I hope it stays like that.........I'm happier this way, Thank you MWO:h

Comment

Because this place taught me the joy of sobriety
                    This place brought me the joy of friendship
                    This place gave me a place to turn 24/7 when I need to laugh or when I need to cry

Most of all - this place let me meet RJ!!!!

Thank You RJ

Today is RJ Appreciation Day!!!!

cause the Magster said so
                    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Because I realized that I wasn't alone.......

Because I can now face my problem and my fears head on with help and not be judged for my mistakes.....

Thanks RJ
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

Because MWO and RJ let me get my life back!!

Thank you RJ!!
                        You are loved.

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

you have all shaped me into a kinder more sensible person these past months. if anyone was in chat last nite, it was the most wonderful group of people and so much fun. many nights i have been here for help when i needed it and i am so grateful. thank you all. :h

and..i have had NO warnings from RJ in a long time! :H

Comment

Why i love mwo is when i log on here knowing im not on my own we are there for each other support and care for one another and for there feelings. Like mag said this place is 24/7 Helps a lot. what wonderful and beauiful people we are.:l

Love
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Thirst (if you're reading this):

I just read your posts & was struck by the anger & bitterness. I go to AA meetings but have never met anyone w/your attitude. Have you ever heard of a "dry drunk?"

There are many reasons that people go different routes to recovery. It isn't our place to judge. I won't even tell you anything about my background, because I'm sure it would unleash a bunch of vitriol. Take care of yourself (mind, body, & spirit).

Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X