Tell Me It's Not Worth It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I head off to the doctor in a few minutes; I am really hoping she prescribes me Chantix. But my AL head keeps telling me "one more night of drinking and smoking."
    If she gives me the presciption, I think I am going to take the pill right away; I have AF beer in my frig--hoping the pill makes it taste like shit!!!
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Congrats to you on trying what ever you can to quit. AL is really not worth it, with all the horrid side effects and the drain on your purse strings, this is a great step.

Comment

It is not worth it!!!!

Comment

Lukee,PLEASE... PLEASE ....PLEASE...Get the RX....NO MORE DRINKIES....Think about 2 days...2 weeks..2 years from now...One more day of AL can lead to one week..qne year...etc. etc.Take control of your life back and do it TODAY....Every thing gets so much better AF...Bury the beast..You deserve to be HAPPY....LOL..Evie
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hey Lucka,
          Geeze, what kind of a friend would I be to deprive you of waking up tomorrow, dry mouth, depressed, hopeless, tired, unmotivated and hacking up a lung!!!

Ask yourself, Is it worth it!!!

Take the meds......tomorrow will be a bright new day!!!

XX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

LOL! I know, I know. It's foolish thoughts. No booze, no smokes; my friend can't even drink soda on Chantix; my very last vice I want to cling onto; please don't take away my Diet Dr. Pepper; I might just die!!!!
            I feel like I need to have a farewell party. Line up the Miller Lite, carton of cigerettes, a case of diet soda, and might as well throw in a chocolate cake for good measure. It's not that I really want to go out and drink; it's more like the obligatory toast to a friend who is going away and you may never see them again (cigerettes).

Comment

good luck and do your best you can do this
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

When you first stop drinking you do go through a kind of mourning for death of what you think is a best friend. But you find out later that AL was never your friend at all - only your enemy in disguise.

It's not worth it!!!!
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

It's really not the AL I'm mourning the loss of, it's the cigs.
                  I just took my first Chantix. Boy, oh boy we'll see how this goes. She almost didn't want to give them to me because I become even weirder on any kind of presciption meds; a bit manic.
                  I convinced her because my neighbor buddy is on it too, so I have someone to go to if I go off the deep end.

Comment

KateH1;344825 wrote: Hey Lucka,
                    Geeze, what kind of a friend would I be to deprive you of waking up tomorrow, dry mouth, depressed, hopeless, tired, unmotivated and hacking up a lung!!!

Ask yourself, Is it worth it!!!

Take the meds......tomorrow will be a bright new day!!!

XX Kate
                    Couldn't of said it better myself! (I seem to be saying this a lot today).

lukalee! Starting is the hardest part. It is so worth it tho! I gave up ciggies and AL at the same time. I was going to have to give them both up anyway. You can do this!

Comment

Yup, my hypnotist told me cigs were a friend who stabbed me in the back. That was 11 years ago. Now I'm trying to use the same thinking for AL. I'd suggest you quit one or the either. Not to be morose, but I burried a sister-in-law at age 51 of esophegeal cancer as she was a smoker but had been sober for 10 years.
                      xoxo

Comment

Unbelievable, this is the third conversation today I have been a part of that mentioned Chantrix but this is the first time it has been said that it helps with alcohol, all other discussions were the stop smoking ones - wow. I am defo going to ask my GP for this.

Lx
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

time2change;344818 wrote:
                          It is not worth it!!!!
                          I came here to post the same thing as didn't see this yeserday!!! Great minds think alike!!
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

hippie37;345135 wrote: Great minds think alike!!
                            I completely agree!

Comment

time2change;345161 wrote:
                              I completely agree!

I CONCUR
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X