Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you MWO SOBER??PLEASE SIGN IN HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with everyone else here in that I don't think I could have done it either without this site. MWO is where I learned how to admit to myself (and others) that I had a drinking problem, and that started me down a path of openness and honesty that I still try to use every single day.

So, although I admit to using other tools as well to under to physic change that I have, I think that I will always maintain some sort of relationship with this site. I am sure that on Sunday, June 15th, 2008 I will reflect back on the people I have met here when I celebrate one year of sobriety.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

I think for me if it hadn't of been for this site i would not have made it thru to even day 3.

The support here is amazing. I can tell the truth and not worry about being judged. I release more here then i would to anyone else i know.

Thank you all so much.

:hNoMore

Comment

So far so good ... tiny steps...
        Tiny

Comment

Count me, too! I have been here nearly two years. I have used MWO as my foundation and other tools to build the vision I have for the rest of my alcohol free life.

Although I could be the poster child for "try and try again". This time I think I got it!!! It will be 58 AF days tomorrow. Amazing how time flies when you're feelin good!

:h Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

The friends I have here have helped me tremendously....I am very grateful for each of you.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I reached fourteen months completely sober three days ago. My last drink was April 8, 2007.

When I started I didn't know how I would make it through even one day without alcohol.

All I did was read and follow RJ's book to the letter. RJ claimed, in her book, to have a plan. When I got the book, I was into three bottles of Merlot a night and didn't know how to get off the treadmill, hence, I was willing to try anything.

MWO gave me me back.

I honestly don't even think about drinking anymore although I still read the site from time to see what's going on and how people are doing.

I know there is no cure. And I still don't think about forever. But for now, I am enjoying the priceless gift of a life unburdened by alcohol.

I feel blessed to have stumbled upon this site.

Dust on the bottles.

Comment

Wow Barry!

That is fantastic! You are an inspiration to others!

Best
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

That is so beautiful Barry. I am so happy for you. Best of luck to you in your future journeys. I hope MWO is always part of them.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

MWO has became "my own way". I love the image of dust on the bottles. There's dust because there's an open vial of antabuse in the medicine cabinet, and it's finally open because of things that are written here and the support that I have gotten from so many people HERE. xxxx g.

Comment

MWO has definately helped me! I maintained my sobriety for close to 8 months. I then had a slip, then another, and another. I'm grateful that I have all of you wonderful people to turn to when I need support and encouragement. Although I don't post as often as I used to, I still read the posts on MWO every day. I find them inspiring. I also find some of the stories to relate to me and how I felt when I did drink. I don't want to go back there. Also, when I do chime in, I feel stronger being able to help someone who is in need.
                      September 23, 2011

Comment

MWO did it for me......day 309 today...

Don

Comment

Count me in, 3 days AF!

Comment

I'm in. A little more than 6 months. MWO was a huge help for me. It's great to pop back once in a while to see that people are keeping this site thriving.

Oh, I'm also down to 3 Snapple a day now...

mike

Comment

Hi guys.
                              Thanks to God and MWO and my now steely determination.......yip.......I am still sober.

I like living sober now and can`t imagine ever returning to the drunken life I lead before, although I shall never allow myself to become complacent about sobriety. I think the most empowering thing is learning to cope with whatever joys and sorrows each new day may throw at us, without us having to resort to drink.......I feel so wonderfully alive and grateful.

Darling x
                              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Hi - count me in too - MWO has definately helped me, it's early days yet, day 17AF, but, after drinking every night for 30 years - that's a miracle !

I'm with Evie on the flavoured water (in my favourite wineglass).

I think it's great, that so many people from all over the world, with the same problem have somewhere to get support and advice - Thank you all.

Mary x

Comment

Working...
                                X