What have you planted in your garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone has planted in their gardens? Me? Flowers only. No plot at our new place. Next year, though!

Tell us about all your lucious fruits and veggies!

:h Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

I am a veggie person....Tomatoes, cukes, eggplant, peppers, green beans and lettuce. Not huge, just enough to keep me busy... I love the summer annuals in containers, but get very little sun so I am limited.....Best, you will have fun preparing for next year's bloom's!!
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Right up my alley here!!

Potatoes
      Lots of green beans to can
      snow peas
      tomatoes--several varieties also to can-salsa, spag sauce, etc
      green peppers
      hot peppers
      eggplant
      okra
      cucumbers-lots cause we love them! i might make pickles
      zucchini
      yellow squash
      spaghetti squash
      cantaloupe
      watermelon
      sweet corn

asparagus
      dill
      new herb garden!

big pumpkin patch!

Not many flowers though, too hot, dry and windy!

thanks for the thread!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Yummmmm! I have "Garden Envy! :H I'm gettin my veggie fix, here. Keep em comin!
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Oh...we've been planting everything this year.

We have many herbs growing; thyme, rosemary, oregano, dill, curry, chives, parsley...lots of lavendar.
          We've also got different varities of tomatoes, swiss chard, courgettes, cucumbers..
          There are lots of ornamental grasses, weeping cherry trees, lilacs, weeping pee tree, hostas, wooly thyme, pansies and violas, rose bushes, sedum...we've planted everything this year. Our garden is looking so great, and we also do lots of container planting as well. I have the pretty grasses all growing in Italian inspired containers in groups and they look beautiful.

Comment

I am going to LVT's to eat dinner! what time shall I be there? I have different kinds of hot peppers, tomatoes, cumcumbers and an eggplant....just a little garden but we like it.....maybe a big one next year.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

My husband , but don't tell.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

all just starting to sprout
                herb garden with the usuals and trying some african basil
                lots of flowering pots - never knew snapdragons get so tall
                planting a wildflower garden later today
                strawberries and raspberries - need to make some nets to cover them because the birds are eating all the berries
                veggies-
                corn
                acorn squash
                cantalope
                zucchini
                pumpkins -lots!
                peas
                cabbage
                broccoli
                tomatoes - 4 kinds
                peppers - 3 colors, serano, and jalepeno
                LOTS of different lettuces
                radishes
                carrots
                onions

may still plant some potatoes and beans

wish i could grow watermelons and brussel sprouts but they never work

i would like to learn how to can stuff for the fall if anyone has hints - i hear i need to buy a pressure canner

dove

Comment

greeneyes;345623 wrote: My husband , but don't tell.
                  OMG I just about wet my Greenie Inspired Big Girl Pants!!!!!!!! :H

A friend of mine who used to work at a landscaping place, AND had a rather nasty ex-husband said one time at a business meeting:

"We have a Valentines Day Special this year. A wheelbarrow, a shovel, and a bag of lime."

I about wet my pants then too.

:H

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I have, in my garden, strawberries, black raspberries (God Given) and huckleberries (also God given).

I have Muscadine Grapes (God given) and a pepper that grew up from last year.

I did not plant a tomato this year. Nobody eats them but me!!! (Oh, and I don't deserve the tomatos I love!!) LOL

I wish I lived a life that let me plant veges. I love them.

but when you travel every week, you leave it to those who stay at home. That is not fair.

I am looking forward to the pepper that grew from seed, though.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

oh and two huge apple trees. i thought of making applesauce and canning it bc there are so many apples....any other ideas out there other than regular baked goods? i can only bake and eat and give away so much.
                      tks
                      dove

Comment

Dove, take a big basket of apples down to your nearest homeless shelter or a church. We used to get apple slices with peanut butter at Sunday School.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I have the blackest thumb known to man. All I have ever been able to grow is orchids in hanging baskets. I am truly impressed with all of you!
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Our planting season here in the deep south doesnt start until Sept....Oct. and pretty much ends in May,but we have tropical fruit vines and trees that have fruit on and off all year.The same is true for many flowers and vines.Summer sees us battling mold and fungus.I really miss the coming and going of the seasons.I was always so ready to get digging in the spring garden.I loved the freshness of the Earth.All we have here is sand and more sand.I do have window boxes filled with Parsley,Sage,Rosemary and Thyme....LOVE THAT SONG,but honestly I do have those herbs growing...Evie
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

No garden this year, just containers of flowers on the deck and front porch. Its so wet here I am so glad I did not plant anything it would have washed out or like last year so full of mosquitos I could hardly stand it.

Sammys

Comment

Working...
                              X