What does it mean to be SPIRITUAL ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Well, I think I have flunked the spirituality test because of my co-worker who drives me friggin nuts. Uh oh!

But, for me, I believe it is about a deep respect for all life- people, animals, plants, flowers, rolly pollies, ducks, dragonflies, frogs, spiders, lizards, bears, and kangaroos. Life is magic is every form it comes in. And there is an energy that connects us all. When you feel joy, I do too. When you feel sad, I do too. That energy connecting us is spirit. We can never run from it. We may ignore it, but we never are out of her range.

Comment

To me, being spiritual is connecting with who you are inside and for accepting who you are as an individual. Being able to see the love in those around you, even if they have been putting you through your own personal hell. I don't know if there is a heaven, or if there is a hell. I just know I'm only going to be here a short while and I want to have good memories, to have wonderful stories that I can tell to my grandchildren.

Comment

Evielou,
        To me spiritual means an emotional connection that you feel you have with anything, human, animal the planet and even the dead. I believe that every connection happens for as long as is needed and at the right time for you.Whether your soul chooses to take the information learned by that experience good or bad,and use it determines the growth of your spirit.

Eastx
        In life we can live out our dreams its true
        the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Personal and indescribable are the 2 words that spring to my mind. So I won't even TRY to explain it further!!!. I will however say this. I think each and everyone of us has a sense of spirituality. Some choose to embrace it and in doing so live meaningful fulfilling lives. Some choose not to and it lays dormant and 'trapped' with life's burdens. And many, like me, have almost killed every essence of their spiritual being through annihilistic addictive behaviours. A spiritual re-awakening is something I need greatly myself and I do think that the many philosophies surrounding the subject of 'Spirituality' (one I posted of a while back) can sometimes get in the way of the true spiritual self.

Just MY thoughts though!!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I believe that there is a Universal Energy. We are all part of that and we all create not only our own lives, but circumstances and situations all over the planet. We create energy through our thoughts, our actions and our words. We create energy by how we treat ourselves, others and the earth. We are all interconnected, we are all energy.

I do not believe that religion and sprirituality are one in the same. Religion is subscribing to a belief system, where spirituality, is an individual quest to learn, to grow and take personal responsibility for what we contribute to the whole.
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Yes, religion tells you to kneel @ the alter and spirituality tells you to dance in the woods with the trees.

Comment

I love that Lucky!!! Excellent!! I give you an A+ in sprirituality!!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My thoughts on spirituality ...
                  It is like a wedding ceremony.
                  I meet my Beloved at the alter.
                  I do kneel down and make a commitment to a lifelong + relationship and that I will always put Him first and formost in my life. He vows to walk along side of me and never leave me.
                  After that we go to a reception that is a celebration of our vows and love for each other.
                  There IS dancing! Then and many times here on earth. There will also be hard times here but He has promised that after this life is over, that there will be no more tears and dancing 24/7!

I attended a conference a few years ago where , along with about 10,000 others, I renewed my marriage vows to my Beloved Savior. There were tears and all could hardly speak as it was very spiritual but then there was dancing!
                  Awsome....I still get chills thinking about it.

:hNancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                  X