To all the Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all the Parents

This is just a little tribute to my darling little girl...

I'm sitting here after having a wonderful meal. I can hear the voice of Tim Allen playing 'Buzz Lightyear' as my little one watches 'Toy Story' in the living room. My two pups are passed out from their walk; the dishes are still in the sink..I'll do them tomorrow morning. It's beautifully warm outside right now and I can smell the lilac's through my window. The peepers will be coming out soon, and we plan on having a fire tonight if I can stay awake that long. I love looking out the yard, the lights along the deck; the hurricane lanterns that will be lit and the smell of the night air. I can her little feet and laughter now; she's running around wondering what everyone is doing. Her laughter is like music to me, when she wraps her beautiful little arms around me and gives me a kiss I feel like I am in heaven. Having my child has changed me in so many ways; and for her I am eternally grateful. Looking at her beautiful little face when she sleeps, the curls of her hair; I know she is perfection. I am fortunate to have her, I've dreamed of having her, and the reality is so much better than the dream. She keeps me wanting to be more, to be better, to work harder and smile more. And for her, I will be. I look at her and can not believe that a little person can have such a huge personality; how excited she gets, when she brings me lotion to rub on her arms and legs, how she sticks her tongue out and laughs when she's so happy, the cute way she dips her chips in the tinest bit of tomato sauce before she eats them, how much she loves her cars and dump trucks...everything. I am such a proud mommy..and if anyone wants to share their love for their child or children I would love to hear it. They are our legacy, we made them...

To all the Parents

What a beautiful post Gia--thanks for sharing!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

To all the Parents

that is wonderful.. thanks for sharing...and you sound so happy dont ever lose that.
      .peace, love and god bless
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

To all the Parents

Gia-- wonderful post ...
        Tiny

Comment

To all the Parents

I love it when I pick my daughter up from playgroup and I see the anticipation on her face, through the glass in the closed door, as she is lead by her 'teacher' to greet me. It's like an explosion of unconditional love waiting to get out. As soon as the door opens she does so and it makes me feel good to be alive. When I take her into Playgroup the following day she always gives me an extra kiss and cuddle, like she thinks I need it; and I do!. She always asks me to wait by the window until she is sitting down with the rest of the children so she can blow me a kiss and tell the other children "That's my daddy!" I only wish I had more time to spend with her but circumstances denote otherwise. Its always the simple things that my daughter does (like you mentioned Gia: the cute way she dips her chips in the tiniest bit of tomato sauce before she eats them.) that makes me smile.

Great post Gia and lovely to read.

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

To all the Parents

Hippie..that was beautiful. I am not looking forward to the day I have to take her to school. Thanks for those beautiful words.

Comment

To all the Parents

Cherish every minute. They grow so quickly and before you know it you are looking back instead of ahead. This by no means is to be a downer to this great thread. There are so many wonderful unforgetable moments in our childrens lives. I have one that just completed his first year in college and I still feel that way when he does certain things. He brought home a new girl the other night. How's that for a Mom's special memory. My other son is 13 and still loves to give Mom (not some other girl) kisses. I consider myself very lucky. Thanks for the great thread Gia,

Comment

To all the Parents

time2change;345901 wrote: Cherish every minute. They grow so quickly and before you know it you are looking back instead of ahead. This by no means is to be a downer to this great thread. There are so many wonderful unforgetable moments in our childrens lives. I have one that just completed his first year in college and I still feel that way when he does certain things. He brought home a new girl the other night. How's that for a Mom's special memory. My other son is 13 and still loves to give Mom (not some other girl) kisses. I consider myself very lucky. Thanks for the great thread Gia,
                Not a downer at all..I look back now, and she's only a toddler. Watching this little person grow in front of my eyes is amazing; her likes and dislikes, everything. I always think of the future and wonder what she will be, what will she like then. But I will never forget the first time I looked into her eyes.

Comment

To all the Parents

and the grandparents

i am going away tomorow for a weekend away for my 50th birthday and taking my grandson
                  i havent had him today (usually have him every day but had a million things to do!)
                  well he came with his dad tonight and said very accusingly you been onhowiday without me?
                  god bless him he doesnt even know what a holiday means

Comment

To all the Parents

Gia, what a sweet and expressive post. How old is your daughter? I have an almost 2-year old son, who knows a total of 3 whole songs -- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC (which are one in the same, I've decided) and Winnie the Pooh. He doesn't know the words to any of these, just the tune, but for Winnie the Pooh he goes "uh uh uh Pooh, uh uh uh Pooh" which he sang to me tonight at bedtime.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Comment

Working...
                    X