day 2 ramblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 2 ramblings

Slept relatively well last night, once I got to sleep. It is funny I don't think I have fallen asleep without AL in a long time. When I woke up felt good. I did have a few
    anxious awakenings last night but in the past if that happened I would pour a
    stiff one to fall back asleep I am not saying I am strong only that there was no
    AL in the house. I do plan on keeping it that way. So here I am on day 2
    feeling good, (no-hangover) but still not really motivated. I have become
    almost a recluse in the last year since unable to drive my big outings were
    when hubby would take me to grocery store or Dr. appt. I would just
    stay in my PJ and drink, sometimes I would not shower just because
    I was not going anywhere, nothing fit anymore so what was the use?
    Then I would get even more down and pour another drink. I was
    full of negative talk.I have lost interest in reading, could barely concentrate
    on TV refused any invites anywhere because I was ashamed for people
    to see what I had become. The other thing is none of my family or friends
    are aware of any of this. Close friends have moved away, and all our
    family lives out of state. Today I am going to get dressed, make-up, hair
    etc and we are going to go to dinner and movie tonight. Big step for me.

Thanks for listening Biscuit

day 2 ramblings

How exciting, a movie and a dinner. Try to relax and have a good time. You deserve it.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

day 2 ramblings

Yes, and this is just the beginning. Though it will be rough, try to remember how much worse it was when you were drinking. You will notice yourself getting more and more energy, more focus, more interest in things, more determined, more confident. Keep taking those steps, big and little.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

day 2 ramblings

Good for you. Keep going and see just how good things will get.

Comment

day 2 ramblings

This is great! Keep going. It gets better and better. It took me a while. Things are still improving. Enjoy your evening! You both deserve it!

Hugs, Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

day 2 ramblings

Biscuit, you go girl! Glad hubby is supporting you and taking you out on a Fri night. I understand the sleep thing; it has been rough for me too with no AL -- I would pass out most nights. I haven't been very motivated either but today has been a bit bettter (i'm on day 10) -- Eating breakfast a little earlier than usual seemed to help. Good luck thru the weekend and hang tough.

Comment

day 2 ramblings

Thanks to all, I am so down that your kind words made me teary but very encouraged.

"One foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking out the door"

Comment

day 2 ramblings

Enjoy your evening out! Good job on day 2! Just stay focused and enjoy every single alcohol free minute!
                Don't get discouraged, it takes a while for the body to get healthy after a long while of drinking.......you will get there!!

xx Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

day 2 ramblings

wonderful news biscuit ! it can only get better from here. Bless

Mary

Comment

day 2 ramblings

Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful time out..enjoy it.

Comment

day 2 ramblings

WAY TO GOOOOO....Did you like the movie??Was dinner Good??...Tell us,We CARE....LOL..Evie
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X