alcoholic vs problem drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:thanks:What is the difference? I noticed it on the home page?

biscuit

I don't think there is one but that is just my opinion. Some don't like the term "alcoholic"......is the term "drinking problem" any better?
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Bambi, I agree but I went back to the home page to re-read and now can't find it. Brain fog
      sigh...

Comment

aha, I found it on the store home page here. Says" there are four problems drinkers for
        every hard core alcoholic"

Comment

Glad you found your answer!! You will find tons of useful information here, welcome!!

Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Alcohol abusers, or problem drinkers, are people who clearly drink too much on a regular basis. Their alcohol use is self-destructive or can present a danger to others, but they are able to set limits and establish some measure of control over their drinking.

When alcohol abuse progresses to alcoholism, the drinker loses control of the amount they drink, and they cannot stop using alcohol despite the severe physical and psychological consequences of excessive drinking.
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hippie I believe has hit it spot on...

Comment

The picture I get of the problem drinker is the college student away from home for the first time; he or she does not have those boundaries and they feel free. He or she goes out and overindulges (binges) on the weekends, sometimes during the week. When these students graduate, some of them will go on into adulthood and leave AL behind, while for some reason, there are those who continue their drinking and it escalates to something more.
                This can be in any scenario in life, not just the college example given.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                X