life's lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life's lessons

I am not normal...and i have kids too...Even being not normal,I to am confused????? Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

life's lessons

Might I just add that, anyone who know's me... ie:- been around long enough to really ... "know" me, knows that I am quite an independent person, and that it takes a lot to rile me. I have been a member here for a long time, Longer than a lot of ... "names" that keep cropping up here of late. I usually just "lurke" but, that is because there is nothing much worthy of a response these days, but anyway, I just wanted to say "dont "Diss" someone just because they post something you dont agree with. I been here a long time.
      Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

life's lessons

Ah. a newbie welcome aboard

Comment

life's lessons

Uhhh, not a newbie here. Still don't like #7. But then I don't like much of what AA says. JMHO, of course.
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

life's lessons

ROFLMAO at this thread!!!

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

life's lessons

Me too Hippie......I don't think there'll be a reply to us though, 'cause we aren't "newbies." LOL!!!!

And to you "newbies," being a member for a long time does not necessarily mean you have something profound to say. I think a lot of "newbies" have quite a lot of good things to say. Of course, this is JMHO!

:H

Comment

life's lessons

Have you guys gone back and read any of skates8 past posts???? I figured since she had been around for so long that I could learn from her Expertise....Oh well,could not find much help there...I have noticed that what she calls (newbies have much better manners).My motto is to hang with people who say that they are seeking to understand and run away from those that think they already do....Evie

Comment

life's lessons

Wow. I would think this is why "newbies" stay away. WOW. You "oldies" are still not sober and yet you wonder why "NEWBIES" stay away.

Comment

life's lessons

Noelle;347245 wrote: Me too Hippie......I don't think there'll be a reply to us though, 'cause we aren't "newbies." LOL!!!!

And to you "newbies," being a member for a long time does not necessarily mean you have something profound to say. I think a lot of "newbies" have quite a lot of good things to say. Of course, this is JMHO!

:H
                    And yor point was?? Do you have something profound to say? JMHO

Comment

life's lessons

Profound Alert!

It's not nice to attack anyone on this board, be they new or old. Because eventually someone will come around and say something. So if one does attack, you should know what to expect and not act surprised.

It's not nice to come across as a know-it-all. There are better ways to impart information.

Most important, remember.......everyone has feelings. Just because they are all bright, cheery and helpful on these boards, it doesn't mean they don't have feelings or problems that everyone is aware of. Everyone is truthful, to the best of their ability, but some things are always held back. Everyone has problems, pain and disappointment in their life that they may not be able to talk about. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Take the attacks to PMs. Or, at least, don't be so blatant that it smacks someone upside the head. All it does is divide people. And is that what we want here? I sure hope not.

Comment

life's lessons

:thumbs::rockband:Thanks No-L .. you rock!!!
                        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

life's lessons

Dear Noelle,I hope that what I wrote was not harmful to anyone...I really did read many of her past posts to see what she had learned while on this site...I honestly did not find any great wisdom...When I read the posts of new people wanting help,I mostly feel that they are humble,polite and wanting advise...Those are the people that really call for my attention and I want so much to help them...I never meant to hurt anyone but I also need to feel like I can speak my opinion.If I said something wrong...I am sorry...Evie

Comment

life's lessons

Evie, I don't think Noelle was talking about you ? I don't think you said anything hurtful. You are very kind and always inspirational .
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

life's lessons

Evie, you are lovely. You haven't said or done anything wrong.

I don't think that the newbies are any less significant than us so called 'oldies'. We just happened to stumble on this place before you.... whoop de doo. It is neither here nor there.

Not all of us 'oldies' are still drinking either, for the record.

Thanks SK8! I really enjoyed your post. It was a good read.

Comment

life's lessons

oh dear, ok. seems some cannot let go. I had moved on from the .... "admiration society" but obiously I am wrong. Time willl tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X