life's lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life's lessons

because this is what this is all about.....

Rules for being human

1. You will receive a body.
    You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time round.

2. You will learn lessons.
    You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
    Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works"

4. A lesson is repeated until learned.
    A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end.
    There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better than "here".
    When your "there" becomes a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will, again, look better that "here".

7. Others are merely mirrors of you.
    You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you.
    You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie inside you.
    The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget all this.

-------------------------
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

life's lessons

Thank you for sharing that, SK8 ! I really needed something uplifting to read!!!

xx Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

life's lessons

Well put SK8! Thank you for that..

Comment

life's lessons

7 is very important

Comment

life's lessons

Good stuff. Unfortunately #10 is so true.

Comment

life's lessons

This is from one of my favorite books called, If Life is a Game, These are the Rules. It is a great read. Thanks for posting.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

life's lessons

wow i was expecting something sarcastic .but what you wrote is awesome ..
              thank you for sharing ...happy friday the 13
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

life's lessons

I've never agreed with #7. And #10 happens to me a lot. I sure hope LuCKy and I don't have to get into an argument over that! :PPPPPPP :h
                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

life's lessons

so true!
                  (hug)

Comment

life's lessons

I hate to agree with No......L (just kidding!:P) but I have never agreed with #7, and to prove it, I am not at all like George Bush!!
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

life's lessons

Thanks sharing this with us.... Im "no" 10 my brain cant take a lot in so i just forget everything. Have to read it again.

Love
                      Teardrop.x
                      family is everything to me

Comment

life's lessons

Very Clever, isn't she !!

I like it, U put it nicely!!

KateH1;346596 wrote: Thank you for sharing that, SK8 ! I really needed something uplifting to read!!!

xx Kate
                        Do you know who you are?

Comment

life's lessons

i am trying to put these life's lessons into perspective here (i know they are copied and pasted from an eating disorder website and probably some others ) ... and keep going back to the posts SK8terGIrl posted on a previous thread... nothing makes sense - how can you behave one way one day and then promote this the next - i am so damn comfused with everyone and everything here ...

honesty, integrity, peace, love and positive potenital future x

Comment

life's lessons

cedar;347117 wrote: i am trying to put these life's lessons into perspective here (i know they are copied and pasted from an eating disorder website and probably some others ) ... and keep going back to the posts SK8terGIrl posted on a previous thread... nothing makes sense - how can you behave one way one day and then promote this the next - i am so damn comfused with everyone and everything here ...

honesty, integrity, peace, love and positive potenital future x
                            Because Cedar and Dolphin; families and friends have arguments, spats call them whatever - this is normal human behaviour and then forgive and forget... x

(If anyone has kids they will know what I am saying ...) xx
                            ?We are one another's angels?
                            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

life's lessons

Thanks Heavenly.
                              Gee, looks like it's all gonna kick off again. I was just trying to put the emphasis back on why we are here, and take the focus off... "individual attention". I have reminded myself of those AA words... "take what you want, and leave the rest behind" good advice, (albeit a little hard to follow sometimes). We are only human.
                              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X