Chantix Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chantix Revisited

Today was worse than yesterday. Didn’t do much of anything. Took a shower. Mopped a few times. Brushed my teeth a few times. Was online a zillion hours and posted just as many youtube videos. Took a shower. Chantix seems to make me smell like something crawled under my skin and died, but I guess it’s just me that I smell. Took a bath and put my head under the water. It’s interesting what the world sounds like under water. The flatulence from the old piping (not mine, the house damn it, but I have to admit, I really wish I had to fart; I wasn’t going to push it, just in case I was one of many who experiences diarrhea from the long list of side effects), the sound of the just as old air conditioning humming away, and the sound of deep breathing from the lungs that probably seem to be as old as the rest of the surrounding environment. This Chantix crap may end up not working, but I sure am seeing things from a different,smelly perspective.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Chantix Revisited

I personally never tried Chantix, but my brother and sister-in-law did for smoking and it made them both miserable. HINCE, they stopped taking it.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Chantix Revisited

chantix

I quit smoking for three months on Chantix, stopped after taking it for 6 weeks, just tore up
      my stomach and terrible constipation and vivid dreams/nightmares. Anyway started smoking again after ending up
      in the hospital with unrelated problems. Tried to start it again and just can't do
      it. I was a stupid idiot for smoking again. If you can tolerate the side effects
      it made it like I had never smoked no desire what so ever. Good luck!!!

Comment

Chantix Revisited

That is exactly what my friends have told me about Chantix. I wasn't really worried about the stomache issue; I am the type of person who can sit here and eat a can of beans. Stomache of iron and plenty of fiber!!! As far as the dreams, I am so sad I don't have them. I love weird dreams; it's just like watching a movie. My only problem is the days are so longgggg. Things that happened two days ago feel more like two weeks ago. Oh well.
        How long did it take you to feel like you did not want a cigarette? Today is day 3 and still smoking like crazy. I have heard some people it happens right away, and others were on it a few weeks before they quit.

Comment

Chantix Revisited

Lukalee, what is Chantix for? Is it a stop smoking drug? A stop drinking drug? I've heard it mentioned on these boards but not familiar with it at all.

Comment

Chantix Revisited

It is a stop smoking aid, but there have been some people whom have taken it who have quit drinking with it as well. I'm sure there are studies being developed to see if it does work as a stop drinking aid. It blocks the pleasure sensors in the brain so you don't feel the want for nicotine (and possibly alcohol). I wish it would block the pleasure sensor for Fritos Flavor Twists.
            I just need to post my thoughts so they do not bounce around in my head forever.

Comment

Chantix Revisited

I could be your co-worker renegade - ditto for me. Took it for a month over a month ago and now am not smoking and hardly drinking. The dreams were great - very vivid very odd - funny odd not scary odd. Met lots of people I hadnt seen in years in my dreams. I tell you the years had not been kind to some. Myself I hadnt aged a day. I stopped smoking the day I took it as that was what I had planned. My sister in law is also on it and she kept smoking for about 2 weeks after starting the tablets until she eventually went off them. Obviously it works great for some and not so good for others.
              BH

Comment

Chantix Revisited

lukalee, it was during the end of the first week, desire for cigs was waning, and by the next week
                actually was pointless. no taste, desire etc.

Comment

Working...
                X