Looking for a Buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a Buddy

Hi, I am fairly new here and I have been posting regularly on a couple of the daily threads. I have been AF for 13 days and feel great. I have read some great information and gotten great feedback. What is missing for me is a personal connection. I don't feel close to anyone yet, and I need a buddy. I feel like I just post my progress like a cold announcement. It feels cold and sterile. I don't feel like I know people well enough to remember their story or situation or anything personal about them to be able to comment back as much as I would like to. I am afraid if I don't feel more connected to a few people, I will stop posting.

If there is anyone out there that is just getting started or has been here for awhile and would like to strike up a friendship through email or PM so that we can get to know each other and support one another, please reply, or PM me.

Shelby
    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Looking for a Buddy

Oh Shelby - don't stop posting!!!! I was busy today at work, but looked in briefly at a couple of posts, (also noting Ripple's very scarey avatar!!!) and saw that you are also on 13 days, as I am, and was going to say something, but got pulled back into the vortex of my lab!!! (now THAT sounds scarey, eh???) I think a couple others are on day13 AF too, but not sure anymore, as I seem to lose track a bit during the week, as I get busy at work. I have been trying since May 1 - not the greatest success that month, but some - but have been doing MUCH better in June. I do post regularly in the Sober Living thread though - you can join us over there too - a couple of regulars there too. PM me if you would like too - I am on here more on weekends, and plan on being a computer hog this weekend! Nothing cold and sterile here - just keep writing away and find your niche, ok?? I'm off to the pool, but have to call my daughter in Victoria first, but will be back on here later when I get back home. You staying home or going out tonight?? Not much partying out there for me anymore - too much temptation - so I have become a home-body. What on earth do the non-drinkers in the world do for fun at night?!?! Somebody asked that once on another thread a while back. Ah well, it's not so bad I suppose........

OK - i'm outta here for a while!
    Peanut

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Hi Shelby, I've been on the site for a while and I know the feeling of not quite fitting in when you first join. I love your avatar. I would be happy to be your buddy. I live in New Jersey, love animals, and have been on the site for 10 months. Although I am still struggling with becoming AF I am doing much better since joining MWO then I ever did before. Congratulations on your soon to be 2 weeks AF. This is a huge achievement.

Cucks

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Shelby, the connection takes time. BUT, it does come. Stick around and keep posting. You find a few personalities you find of interest and reach out..you will see, it just happens.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Cuckoo, where in Jersey? I lived in CT for 10 yrs and I had some friends from Jersey while I lived there. I always wanted to get down to the Jersey Shore when I lived there and never did. Maybe someday. I moved back to the midwest in '99 when I got divorced to be by my Dad who was dying of Cancer. I am re-married now and live outside of Chicago. I have a grown daughter who lives in California, in grad school and two step-sons that live in TN with Mom. Now you know a little about me personally.

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

I won't stop posting. I know how critical it is to my success. I just hope everyone understands that I am not trying to be self-centered. The amount of time I have to spend here is limited and I want to get the most out of the time I have.

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Shelby, I live in south jersey. I will PM you the name of the town because it is a very small town. My ex's family has a place at the Jersey shore. Where were your friends from in Jersey and where did you live in Connecticut? I use to spend my summers in Massachusetts with my sister. I loved New England. Almost moved there but got a job in the mid-atlantic states. Where in TN are your sons? My sister use to live in Bristol, TN. Beautiful area. I'm sorry to hear about your father. My dad passed away from cancer in 1987.

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Shelby you have the option to PM members. Personally i don't like to bug people..although there are times a good rant or bitch fest is in order. Extra support is always available here..you will know by the tone of a response wot it is worth. You may be surprised how nice the PM option really is..:h

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Shelby....I hope being on chat made you feel a little less unknown? We all enjoyed talking to you, please come again, okay?
                  Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Hi Shelby,
                    It was great chatting with you tonight! You fit right in! I look forward to getting to know you better. Feel free to PM me anytime! Take care and once again, welcome aboard and congratulations on day 13!

Best,
                    KateH
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Thank you all for your support. I was feeling lonely and disconnected in this mass of people. I am more of a one on one type person. I feel more accountable if I know I am posting to a specific person or people I really know and care about with my goals and accomplishments. That is what I meant about the "cold and sterile" comment. Nobody has been cold or sterile to me. This site is wonderful. Thanks again. You guys are great!

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

No worries Shelby. This place can be daunting at first. So many people, some new many that have been here for a while and seem to know each other. We have no idea of ages, backgrounds or even where they live! But you will be amazed at how you will find friends, and connect and in a very short while!

It kind of reminds me of being the "new kid in school", something I did frequently!

Have a Great Weekend!
                        Kate
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Thanks, Kate

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

Shelby my dear,I PMed you...Feel free to PM me....Evie
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Looking for a Buddy

hi there 57shelby just to let you know if you ever need someone to chat to just look me up ..
                              stay strong and keep on doing your best
                              peace,love and god bless
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X