6 days af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 days af

day 6 tomorrow....may drink on sunday....either going fishing or to a wine tasting....i feel like if i plan it i will be able to say no after one or two....i know it is probably a lie but i really like the idea of a drink....i work all day tomorrow so i have some time to think

dove

6 days af

I know for myself, there will always be a reason. I always like the idea of a drink. Work can be a blessing, because there is no possibility of drinking. I just wish I could be like other people and be satisfied with just one. If you're here, you know what I mean. Have a wonderful Sunday either way.

Comment

6 days af

Dove:

I went AF for two weeks, and then decided to try some wine just to see. Drank the whole bottle, and didn't like how I felt in the morning. Back to AF for now! I also love the idea of drinking socially - the ads make it look so appealing. Do you have trouble when your spouse (significant other) describes how much fun he had drinking at an event? My husband was going on and on about the $200 bottles of wine he enjoyed with friends yesterday, and I felt very isolated and left out. If I had been with him, what would I have done? How do I fit into his world if I'm going to try and be AF (or at least not overdrink!).

Comment

6 days af

Dear Dove,Please really think before you drink...What does the feeling of a few drinks really do for you???Will it do anything to make your life better??? Then think about what your life will be like if you have the power to say no to AL.That numbing feeling AL gives is just a symptom of brain cells dieing.I personally need all the brain that I have left(to many years of soaking it in AL).I pray that you are not like me....For ME...One drink is to many and 1,000 would not be enough....Evie
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

6 days af

why stop at day 6 keep on going..but if you mods i wish you all the best ..good luck
          peace ,love and god bless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

6 days af

Good for you Dove on 6 days.

You, and only you, can decide what you do and how you do it. But I would take the advice that has been given here seriously. We've all been there, done that, so there's no judgement here.

I've gone AF many times and then slipped. But mostly my slip-ups happened after I managed to moderate well for a while, sometimes weeks or months even. So if you do decide to drink today, please decide it is only today-- and tomorrow is AF time again. Don't let yourself be lulled into thinking you moderated once, so you can do it forever. You probably can't.

Any way, we're all behind you in your struggle. 100%.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

6 days af

It seems very early in your fight to be thinking like this.Please be honest with yourself .We do slip at times but this is walking into the fight without a lot of training.
              Stay Healthy and keep fighting
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

6 days af

I have to agree with all here. Think about it, but no matter what you decide you should stick close to this site.

Comment

Working...
                X