Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there eveyone,just to say how disappointed i am

I'm sorry you haven't felt supported here. I don't know anything about the thread you are referring too. I'm pretty new and struggling, but when I've asked for help, I've always received it. I've tried to give back as well. Maybe someday I will be strong enough to offer suggestions and support that really help people, but don't feel I have the wisdom and experience to give you what you need. Maybe give it some time? You're right--there are a lot of good people here.

Comment

Which thread top gun????? I dont know any one here ( except a couple of stirrers that come and go quickly) that cuts loose on some one. We may disagree on approaches and views on how to tackle this dependance but will always support one another no matter what. We do have a friendly "dig at each other now and then" but it is all in jest. I feel dissapointed if you feel this way stick around please we would like to get to know you
      Love cap

Comment

l think you have misuterstood something,, this is a good site,, each time l have asked for help,, have got it,,,,, they all joke on here,, it a place to be your self,,,nothing to hide,, l can say am on 100 af days tomaorow,, and l know l would not of done this,, with out this site,,,, if you stay around you will see this for yourself
        there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

top gun, I think I know the thread you are referring too, which is an unfortunate and unusual example of rare pettiness on this site. It involves only a few people, and most of us have been ignoring it and happily going about our business of sharing and supporting.

If you just ignore that one thread, I think you will quickly find this is a great place. As far as beating alcohol is concerned, it is a very non-judgemental and compassionate group. There is also loads of information shared here that has been invaluable to me and many others. So, please ignore the thread that disappoints you and don't shut out all the help, support and compassion that is here, just for the taking (and asking).

You are welcome here! Stick around and I think you will agree that this is a great place.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Whats the thread beats intrigued

Comment

Topgun, please stick around, this place has a fabulous support network ........

The positive far outweighs the negative ...........
              sigpicXXX

Comment

i really dont know what to believe on MWO anymore ... i dont even know who's a real person here for positive support and who's an alias just keeping an argument going ... there always seems to be a post like topguns immediately after an argumentative thread ??

Comment

Topgun,
                  I think what we ALL need to remember is we came here because we are alcoholics. we came here for support. If you are not finding support on a certain thread....leave it alone. Go to another one. Surely with 6000+ members, we can all find support and love when we need it. We are a sensitive group. I think that is part of the issue as to why we drink to begin with....drunk, sober, moderating, we are STILL sensitive. This is cyberspace, take what you need and leave the rest behind. Continue to heal......that is what is important.
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

beatle;346905 wrote: top gun, I think I know the thread you are referring too, which is an unfortunate and unusual example of rare pettiness on this site. It involves only a few people, and most of us have been ignoring it and happily going about our business of sharing and supporting.

If you just ignore that one thread, I think you will quickly find this is a great place. As far as beating alcohol is concerned, it is a very non-judgemental and compassionate group. There is also loads of information shared here that has been invaluable to me and many others. So, please ignore the thread that disappoints you and don't shut out all the help, support and compassion that is here, just for the taking (and asking).

You are welcome here! Stick around and I think you will agree that this is a great place.
                    Ditto!!!

Can you imagine what it would be like if we were all in a real community together? A town full of recovering addicts and alcoholics and problem drinkers? There's bound to be a lot of emotions and unwarranted personal feelings running amok. I attend AA meetings and just because they are alcoholics does not mean I get on with all of them. As in life you will get the few who take it upon themselves to think they no better than the rest. Just ignore the petty minded few and get on with gaining the help and support you need from those that do care. Which in my eyes has always been 99% of the population here. Don't concern yourself with these posts that upset you and move forward with your own goals. If YOU want it then grab it with both hands and leave the bickering few to their own 'goals'!!.

Welcome to the forum topgun anyway I hope this will not deter you in anyway from gaining the support that I've found here over the past 10 months to be invaluable.

Love and Happiness
                    Hippie
                    xx
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi Topgun, I can only reiterate what everyone else has said. If you read through all the threads you will see that the majority of them are supportive and encouraging. Please focus on the positive and let the negative go. I wish you all the best in your effort to quit drinking.

Comment

Top Gun,Please dont go yet...Give this site a chance !!! I was ready to leave,just yesterday.I was slammed for being unconventional by a small group of small minded people.I let their ignorant,petty views of who I am almost push me away from the best support system that i have ever found.How dumb I was being(if I had left,then they would have won and I would have lost,big time).Thanks to some PMs that asked me to stay and said that I made a difference i am still here to answer your post.This site saved my life and I know that along with so many others here,we can help you reach your goals.There truly is a joyful life after Alcoholism,lets find it together....PM me if I can help,I would love to get to know you....LOL..Evie
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Top Gun,

I agree with everyone that has responded to your post. I am fairly new here. I don't know the post of which you are speaking, but what I do know is the majority of these people are self-less in their efforts to support each other. We all have a common goal & there is strength in numbers. Just last night, I made a request for support and I have had so many people stand right up and say, I am here for you!!!!! How many other places in your life does that occur??? To ask for something you need and have your needs met, no questions asked, not once saying, what's in it for me??? Give it another go. I think you will be glad you did.

Shelby
                          "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

Hippie, thanks for the mental image. "Can you imagine what it would be like if we were all in a real community together? A town full of recovering addicts and alcoholics and problem drinkers?" Just the thought gave me a good morning laugh. But seriously, you're right. Any group of people are going to have their disagreements and a share of negativity. Then add the baggage that most of us are carrying around in the mix. But overall, I have found support on this site that I haven't found anywhere else.

Comment

The best way to get support is not to slam the group you are requesting help from. Just a thought...

Comment

Working...
                              X