X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it

Here is my post from last week
    Just a little worried

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to a UAW training center next week. Been there once about 3 years ago, beautiful place, nice people but a drunk fest every evening.

I have been AF for 18 months and this is the first time I have been actually worried. I know they dont sell the rum that I sooooo well loved but the beer is going to flow.

I am taking my cranapple with me. God keep me strong. I have come too far.

Julie

I am back a proud to say I stayed AF. They did give us 2 tickets for free drinks at the bar but gave them away. I am so proud of myself.

Julie
    AF Since December 2006

I did it

Jules
    This is great news. You should be proud and we all are too. Congratulations.

Comment

I did it

WOW! I'm proud of you, too. This kind of thing gives us all inspiration!
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I did it

OMG...I think that is amazing...I am not sure that I could be that strong...You set a good example for me to follow...Thanks..Evie
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I did it

keep it going you are doing great
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I did it

well done,,
            there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

I did it

Jules,

That is totally awesome. I am glad you were worried about it because it made you think about it and plan for it.

You did superb!!

:goodjob:
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I did it

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your good news and updating your post!

Comment

I did it

well done jules !!!!!!!
                  fabulous news... x

Comment

I did it

Thanks everyone!!:h

Cindi...".You said glad you were worried about it." That jogged my brain for a minute.

The day I was leaving detox the Dr. asked me how I felt going home and I said worried. His comment was, "Thats what I want to hear. I looked at him with confusion and he said I should always be worried and a little scared. I never knew exactly knew what he meant by it till now. Wow

Thanks everyone for listening to me and being there when I need a reality check!!

Julie
                    AF Since December 2006

Comment

I did it

Julie way to go!!!I just hit 30 days AF today. I had 2 parties to go to yesterday,One i had concerns about so decided to skip it ,The second I went to and no problem.You had no choice and were in a very difficult situation and came out on top .You have achieved the goal we are all trying to reach.You are what this site is all about from the experienced members we the new can see it is possible .
                      Stay Healthy and keep fighting
                      Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                      AF 5-16-08

Comment

I did it

AWESOME!
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

I did it

So proud of you and for you!
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                          X