X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am back from Lenair!

Back from Lenair!

Hi all, I am back..
    Meeting Rhonda Lenair was a wonderfully liberating experience that is extremely hard to put into words. I am at peace and for the first time in over 20 years, I am content and whenever I catch my reflection in a mirror I have this idiotic smile frozen on my face. I am still somewhat walking on cotton and everything has a sort of surreal edge to it.

I have no desire to drink, although it does cross my mind at certain times of the day, but it is more in an observatory fashion, almost as if I were a specimen in a Petri dish that needs to be watched. I have total recollection of everything I did the night before ? my mood, my environment, the familiar sounds, the news, the smells and tastes, the tasks at hand and even the array of fleeting thoughts at a given moment. I guess that is what one experiences when fully alive.

I have learned a lot about myself that deep down I probably knew already instinctively. The harsh reality of keeping my system submerged in a haze of alcohol did not allow me to meet myself at any positive level other than self-loathing.
    I have met myself in more ways than one and I can gently hug and welcome myself like an old friend who has been gone for a long time. I can only hope and pray that I can finally enjoy every aspect of me and yes, I am good enough just the way I am.

The evening after the first session I did have a huge anxiety attack concerning the fact that I have to come home to an unaltered situation, namely the fact that my husband is still drinking. How would I cope with this obstacle? All the triggers that tripped me up in the past are still there and I was petrified and all the negativity started to flood back in.

I brought this up during my next session and Rhonda simply stated that it is a non-issue because I had already, so to speak , ?left the table?.

I feel that an immense gift has been bestowed on me and I have every intention to carry this gift around like the proverbial ?raw egg in hand?.

Lastly I would like to thank RJ for having the courage and foresight to found this website and for all of you who have extended their hand in support and friendship which gave me the resolve to finally seek help. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I am immensely grateful.

Love Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

I am back from Lenair!

Hi Lori, I am so very happy for you! It sounds like you are in a wonderful place of discovering self, the real Lori!! Please continue to share your journey with us!

XXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Lori!

Good for you!
      Please keep filling me in on how you handle the hubby drinking factor...

I too want to "leave the table".....

Love you
      Nancy
      Yes... you are good enough just as you are!
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Oh Lori, you just sound so fabulous, share some more....

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Oh Lori,
          I'm so happy for you. I can feel your strength, peace and renewed love for self and life as I read your words.

Welcome to Life!!
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Lori,

I am feeling so good for you...

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Lori,

I am so very happy for you. You sound like you have "peace" with yourself.

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Maybe Hubby will see how wonderful a sober life is and go see Rhonda himself.As I have said many times(our soberiety can be contagious)..Congradulations on the new you....LOL..Evie
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Hello Lori. You sound positively serene. From your post I can almost literally feel the peace you have achieved. Good for you.

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Lori, Ditto on what everyone else has said. I feel a great big "Ahhhhhhhhhh" in this post. Just a great sense of peace and self-love. Way to go! Keep sharing!!!!
                    Shelby
                    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Lori..i never knew you also went to Lenair! OMG. Glad to hear you are back! :h

HUBBY here does not drink at home anymore! he feels guilty...:upset:

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

welcome home! You know I have been dying to see this post. Came at just the right time too.....for me that is. I leave Friday!!!
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

Lori, you sound wonderful, I'm so glad you are sharing this with us.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

What a great post! I bet my sigh of relief could be heard all the way ot OZ. I leave in the morning. I know this will work for me as I will arrive with a wide open heart.
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am back from Lenair!

please help.

Hello: why only one week? i thought rehab is usually longer? i had to do 17 days! HUH! can you stay longer at Lenair? Just wondering..sounds like my next stop if i get into trouble again. Do they take insurance? Its good to know before hand. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X